What Should I Do !?

Ive Posted this Aswell but didnt really think people would read all of what i had to say and actually reply so im hoping you could give some advice......

On MY 98' GS400 My Back Tire On the drivers side keeps losing air . its been like a month since i bought the car and i had to fill up the tire twice. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? Im new to owning a car so im not sure if its the tire or me Because im 6'5 310lbs... do i need a new tire? should i replace all the tires ? what would be best for this situation?

P.S. im also thinking i need new brakes because im getting close to having to floor it for a complete stop but then there are days when i dont have to (whats up with that) and im having this shaking problem when im on the highway with my steering wheel after speeds of 60mph is that a sign that i need my wheels rotated and balanced? my car is also lowered and as of now and sits on 17' inch Stock Rims, im also planning on buying 18' inch deep dish black rims for my car by summer time but im not sure if i should worry about these things what would be better to do?

A.)jus deal with it untill getting my rims? because wouldnt that be cheaper to find a spot that gives you a rim and tire deal and have them install the rims ? rather than buying tires and having them install em, later buying the rims and the tires needed for best fit for the rims?

B.)Get the service done and replace the tire ?( Im not going to be driving it much since school starts next week and i live 3 blocks away).....

thanks for your help

Ive Posted this Aswell but didnt really think people would read all of what i had to say and actually reply so im hoping you could give some advice......

On MY 98' GS400 My Back Tire On the drivers side keeps losing air . its been like a month since i bought the car and i had to fill up the tire twice. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? Im new to owning a car so im not sure if its the tire or me Because im 6'5 310lbs... do i need a new tire? should i replace all the tires ? what would be best for this situation?

P.S. im also thinking i need new brakes because im getting close to having to floor it for a complete stop but then there are days when i dont have to (whats up with that) and im having this shaking problem when im on the highway with my steering wheel after speeds of 60mph is that a sign that i need my wheels rotated and balanced? my car is also lowered and as of now and sits on 17' inch Stock Rims, im also planning on buying 18' inch deep dish black rims for my car by summer time but im not sure if i should worry about these things what would be better to do?

A.)jus deal with it untill getting my rims? because wouldnt that be cheaper to find a spot that gives you a rim and tire deal and have them install the rims ? rather than buying tires and having them install em, later buying the rims and the tires needed for best fit for the rims?

B.)Get the service done and replace the tire ?( Im not going to be driving it much since school starts next week and i live 3 blocks away).....

thanks for your help

The rear tire may have a bad stem or the wheel/tire seal is compromised, Or you may just have a slow leak in the tire itself. Have the brake fluid replaced and check the pads and lines while this is done. The shake could be a number of things, If the tires still have a good amount of life left have them balanced and rotated first and check tire pressure. If you plan on buying new wheels /tires, I would go ahead and do that rather than fussing with the old set. Yes. A new wheel/tire/balance could solve all of your leakage/shake problems and you usually get a better deal with a complete package. If you can live with old the tire situation until summer, Then save and wait. I would get the brake situation fixed ASAP. :cheers:

thanks for your help

As far as the braking, have the fluid level and pads checked out first . Maybe there is air in the line. It may also be within your Hydraulic brake booster. This brake system actual controls line pressure and sometimes feels like a sponge. It could be faulty, and you might not have any warning lights on the dash, but it would be stored as a hard code in the ecm( not a code autozone can pull either). You are better off going to a toyota dealer (or someone who specializes in lexus) and have it checked out. After you have your tires checked and balanced (with a road force balance of course) and aligned and you still have a shimmy (I would say between 60-67 and again between 78-85) have your steering rack bushings checked out (as well as ball joints,tie rods and the whole front end). How many miles are on the car? Do you have any service history? This is why I say, bring it to someone knowledgeable to get it serviced up to date before you add rims and such.

BB,

Fix the brakes first! Could have a master cylinder, or line issues (as previously mentioned). Or, very worn pads, and rotors in conjunction with air in the lines etc. etc.

My wife has a 1998 GS and today I took it in. It needs new ball joints ($550). - the car shakes at 60 and 78. It also feels a bit loose when going up hills (40 mph). So, I'd have the front end looked at along with all the tires being check for balance.

There's no point in buying new rims and tires for that car if you've got suspension issues e.g. ball joints, strut, bushing issues.

Get a few estimates from some trusted mechanics in your area. If you've got bad ball joints, don't wait around to repair this.

Third -

The tire leak could be a problem with your rim. If it's a chrome wheel, the chrome can corrode inside and cause a bad seal;hence causing the tire to leak air. A good tire shop can remove and treat the wheel for 20-30$. Be sure and mark the inside of the wheel so you can keep track of which wheels have been treated. Generally, they sand the inside of the rim, and add some sealant before putting the tire back on the rim.

My wife's car leaks air out of the rims from time to time. We've had to have different wheels treated twice in the last 3 years.

My wife has a 1998 GS and today I took it in. It needs new ball joints ($550). - the car shakes at 60 and 78.

this may not be the ball joints ALTHOUGH i do advise changing them before you become a forum horror show like in this post

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/suspension...all-joints.html.

this sounds like u have the dreaded 60/80 mph shake

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...id=345931

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-second-...ines-fixed.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-second-...adjustment.html