1999 Gs300 Trans Fluid Capacity

Hello everyone,

I want to change the trans fluid in my 99 GS and it currently has 124k miles on it and i dont know if its been done before but the oil was pretty dirty from checking the dipstick. I wanted to know if there is a drain plug down there and how much fluid it takes. The owners manual does not specify the quantity so i was wondering if someone on here could help.

Thank you in advance to everyone.

I have an 02 and just did the flush which is no harder than unscrewing the bolt and getting 2-3 quarts out. The flush gets all 9 quarts out and is the best.

Just remove one tranny hose from the radiator and stick it in a big container or bucket. Start the engine and let about 1 quart out. Then cut the car off and add a quart of clean fluid in there and do it again. I do this 5 times or until fluid is coming out red. and this flushes out the torque converter. I used the T-IV toyota fluid and it took 14 quarts. 5 flushed through and 9 stayed in to hit the full mark.

Yes around $5.50 a quart and it will cost you a fortune at a dealer. probably less than an hour if you have never done it. I can do mine in about 20 minutes and be done for around $80

i found a shop to do it with the type t-IV for 99 bucks not that bad i think i will go ahead and do it there