2008 Gs 350

I have a 2008 GS350 12000 miles no problem till I started to hear a tapping soung coming from the engine area I then narrowed it down to the fuel pump and brought it to Lexus and they listened and agreed that the pump was way noicey compared to another we listened too. They replaced it and It still makes that tapping sound wich you can hear in the car at a stop and just slowly taking off. then cant hear it .Now it lokks like they might try to say thats the way it is I have an appointment thursday with a head guy that hopefully will do something..

I have a 2008 GS350 12000 miles no problem till I started to hear a tapping soung coming from the engine area I then narrowed it down to the fuel pump and brought it to Lexus and they listened and agreed that the pump was way noicey compared to another we listened too. They replaced it and It still makes that tapping sound wich you can hear in the car at a stop and just slowly taking off. then cant hear it .Now it lokks like they might try to say thats the way it is I have an appointment thursday with a head guy that hopefully will do something..

Which dealership?

Which dealership? Norwood mass why

Norwood is Herb Chambers and it is actually in Sharon now.

The service manager, Mark, is a good guy. Roni is my service advisor. I suggest you go for a ride or listen to another 2008 car and see if it makes the sound too. Also sit in a 2009 model and see if the sound is prevelent there as well. My only concern is you say you hear the tapping coming from the engine area and narrowed it down to the fuel pump. The fuel pump is actually in the tank which is under the back seat. If the tapping is coming from the engine area it may be the fuel injectors which several other members have noted/complained about. If it is the fuel injectors, the tapping will increase in frequency when the rpms are increased.

steviej

The service manager, Mark, is a good guy. Roni is my service advisor. I suggest you go for a ride or listen to another 2008 car and see if it makes the sound too. Also sit in a 2009 model and see if the sound is prevelent there as well. My only concern is you say you hear the tapping coming from the engine area and narrowed it down to the fuel pump. The fuel pump is actually in the tank which is under the back seat. If the tapping is coming from the engine area it may be the fuel injectors which several other members have noted/complained about. If it is the fuel injectors, the tapping will increase in frequency when the rpms are increased.

steviej

Hi ,the tapping is coming from the engine and its coming from a pump that is located on the left side of engine in the back area it was listened to and agreed that it was making a tapping nocking sound that 2 other cars of the same didnt do ,so they agreed to replace it , but still makes the same sound .Their's Def a problem and you can hear it when you aproach the car as well as sitting in it .

steviej

Hi ,the tapping is coming from the engine and its coming from a pump that is located on the left side of engine in the back area it was listened to and agreed that it was making a tapping nocking sound that 2 other cars of the same didnt do ,so they agreed to replace it , but still makes the same sound .Their's Def a problem and you can hear it when you aproach the car as well as sitting in it .

I have a 2007 GS350 with a loud tapping sound at some start-ups and a softer constant engine tapping sound. I was told that the start-up tapping is the fuel injectors and the softer engine tapping is normal engine sound, and not to worry as both are normal sounds for that engine.

Cubfan

steviej

I have a 2007 GS350 with a loud tapping sound at some start-ups and a softer constant engine tapping sound. I was told that the start-up tapping is the fuel injectors and the softer engine tapping is normal engine sound, and not to worry as both are normal sounds for that engine.

Hi Im not sure this is the same problem as I took the old mechanics stethascope wich is a long srewdriver and put it to were the tapping was loudest and inside some pump in the back of the enginge area they found that it was lound and 2 other cars of the same year didnt have the same tapping banging sound so they replace it and still the problem that wasnt their before is still their.

Cubfan

steviej

Hi stevie this tapping sound is the loudest right at the boost pump and was replaced and still is just as loud and I listened to 2 other cars just like it and they dont make this sound at all.

Thats the brake booster pump, call lexus headquarter and see if they are willing to troubleshoot further.

Thanks ,well I have an appointment with them Thurday morning to drop it off and one of the head on the road field guy will check it out I hope they dont try to shrug it off because i no theirs a def problem ..

Thanks ,well I have an appointment with them Thurday morning to drop it off and one of the head on the road field guy will check it out I hope they dont try to shrug it off because i no theirs a def problem ..

Your's makes noise and two others do not. That lends credibility to something being wrong. They will figure it out or just replace it I am sure.

steviej

• 3 weeks later...

i think my 08 gs350 does this too. it is at the passenger side rear of the engine cover i hear it. just a light tap tap tap constantly when idling, can't really hear on the road b/c of the road sounds.. but annoying at idle anyways.

Thats the brake booster pump, call lexus headquarter and see if they are willing to troubleshoot further.

I went to the dealership, said it was normal. I requested we listen to a new one. Cold the new one didn't make that much noise, however after the serviceman floored it up and down a speeding strip dealers here use for test drives, the new one made a similar noise.

They did say they could replace the brakes through a TSP TBD OR something starting with a T. Hopefully that takes care of the noise, they are also going too work on the dash rattle.