Im Looking For Anybody Who Can Give Me Some Ideas How To Upgrade My Pe

Forgive me for the crazy response but I just have to ask - Is it not fast enough??

Our 93 in stock form, with a tick in the valvetrain, has more than enough power to do anything we ask. From what info I have read, there isn't much in the form of upgrades that can be done other than turbocharging. I own a Turbo Buick and it has more power than most can handle...and it's basically stock. I rarely go WOT because I don't see the need. On top of that, it isn't running very well. I personally don't see any need to do any upgrades to the SC. Lexus built it as good as they could right from the start. 225Hp ain't too shabby!

That being said, a torque converter with a higher stahl will appear to give you more power as it allows the engine to rev up and reach it's power band faster. Probably the best bang for the buck.

I have a 1993 Lexus sc400. I want to see if anyone has any ideas how i can gain performance in my car. Also what will go good in my car. Write Back and let me know.

Thanks

Don't know how much increase you're looking for or what your budget is, but if ~500HP will do, here's a link:

http://www.lextreme.com/sts.html

Forgive me for the crazy response but I just have to ask - Is it not fast enough??

Our 93 in stock form, with a tick in the valvetrain, has more than enough power to do anything we ask. From what info I have read, there isn't much in the form of upgrades that can be done other than turbocharging. I own a Turbo Buick and it has more power than most can handle...and it's basically stock. I rarely go WOT because I don't see the need. On top of that, it isn't running very well. I personally don't see any need to do any upgrades to the SC. Lexus built it as good as they could right from the start. 225Hp ain't too shabby!

That being said, a torque converter with a higher stahl will appear to give you more power as it allows the engine to rev up and reach it's power band faster. Probably the best bang for the buck.

:D I have a '97 SC400 and have a bit more stock power than your '93 but the off-the-line performance is SO MUCH BETTER after replacing the torque converter! I was sick of being walked away from by just about every thing out there. Now I run off the line and see most everyone in the rearview mirror with the increased performance from just replacing the torque converter! The top end was always there and is not affected. This is the single most beneficial upgrade you can do. I am very pleased with the mod! :D :D :D I got the Dragon torque converter by Precision Industries. Here is the link: http://www.converter.com/dragon.htm

hey flashjet with normal driving how was your MPG effected with the higher stall rate on the TC? I have heard everything from, no effect, to better, to worse.

what was your experiance?

Im sure with that much extra power to the rear wheels "normal" driving is rare but im intrested in putting in a new TC myself but MPG is a big deal for me since im a broke college kid.

hey flashjet with normal driving how was your MPG effected with the higher stall rate on the TC? I have heard everything from, no effect, to better, to worse.

what was your experiance?

Im sure with that much extra power to the rear wheels "normal" driving is rare but im intrested in putting in a new TC myself but MPG is a big deal for me since im a broke college kid.

On the highway there was no difference in gas mileage. By this I mean stick on the cruise control at 70 and let her go. I get 21 mpg.

Around town it may have dropped just a bit. But I think it has more to do with my 'style' of driving. If you know you are probably going to get killed off the line then you don't even bother.... :(

:D But now it is so fun to win most all of the time.....well you know what I mean. :D

thanks flashjet, its good to be able to get first hand reliable feed back on this stuff, i never trust a company website.

If you dont mind how is the slow speed acceleration? is there much of a lag to get up the rpms before movement, or is this just another myth?

nightrunner12 im sorry for hijacking your thread, but i figure this might be info you would like too.

thanks flashjet, its good to be able to get first hand reliable feed back on this stuff, i never trust a company website.

If you dont mind how is the slow speed acceleration? is there much of a lag to get up the rpms before movement, or is this just another myth?

nightrunner12 im sorry for hijacking your thread, but i figure this might be info you would like too.

All I know is that before, with the stock torque converter, she was slow off the line. This is where the lag in movement was. Now, with the Dragon torque converter there is no lag, she moves! Before, from a dead stop and just flooring it, she would rev up and the most I could get was a chirp from the tires. Now I floor it at a dead stop and she will scream for 8 to 10 seconds. Lag? I don't notice any lag. If there is lag, you could just do a brake torque to eliminate it. I hope that helps. If you want the technical data on the torque converter, go to Precision Industrial and they can cover you with numbers.