That Good 'ole <beep> <beep>

redsully

OK, so in the continuing chaotic story I like to call "Making my '93 SC300 act like a '97," I'd like to introduce ya'll to yet ANOTHER crazy idea...

How would I go about making my car do the trademark Lexus <BEEP><BEEP> every time I lock and unlock my doors with the keychain FOB? Could I purchase the beeping unit from another year Lexus and connect it to my door lock actuator? Am I just wasting more time?

...why am I making life so hard for myself?

No, I'm afraid not. Apparently, the unit that supplies power to the remote/receiver, sends a limited supply of amps to the unit. If something is attached to power or the receiver, neither the receiver nor the horn will sound. I wanted my hazards to activate when the receiver beeps/lo\unlocks.

Crazy thing.

My '94 SC400 doesn't beep or anything when I use the key remote. It's annoying as hell, not knowing if the doors are locked or not unless I look at the orange on the interior lock. Here I was thinking the security system was malfuctioning...

I've got the "security" light on the dash that lights up when I lock the car with the key remote. What exactly is this stock security system supposed to do, sound the horn or what? I locked the doors and left the window down, then I opened the drivers door from the inside thinking it might simulate an intruder and set off an alarm but nothing happened. Does anyone know what exactly this security system is supposed to do, and how do I know if it's working?

... Does anyone know what exactly this security system is supposed to do, and how do I know if it's working?

The factory alarm system does two things. Disables the starter if a potential intruder sets it off. If the car is equipped with nakamichi items - specifically head unit, the car sound system will cease to work and the car will not start if the head unit is tampered with incorrectly. Basically, if the door or trunk is forced open while the anti-theft system is enabled, or the head unit is screwed with, the car will not start until the situation is corrected. I have a better description at the house I can post up later.

I locked the doors and left the window down, then I opened the drivers door from the inside thinking it might simulate an intruder and set off an alarm but nothing happened.

It sounds like you didn't wait a minute for the security system to properly activate. You should try waiting for the light to blink, then try openning the lock from the inside.

I'm just surprised your 94 doesn't have the beep beep--Sounds like a Casio wrist watch. My 94 LS does.

I didn't know the 93 didn't come with the beep. <_<

I wonder if the ones from the 94s will compatible. I'll check with my parts guy on Monday.

I checked with my Parts guy, and he says the 94 SC400 alarm is compatible with the 93. The only problem is you'd have to replace the alarm setup--$2200 even with my discount. :censored: Sorry.

I was just wondering the very same thing yesterday ... :o

When I arm/disarm my '99 LS400 I hear beeps AND the parking lights flash. When I arm/disarm my '95 SC 400 I only hear the beeps. I don't have an owner's manual for the '95 so is there a way to turn on the flashing parking light's feature or is that feature unavailable for that year?

Thanks

:)

I have a feeling it won't. Anybody with a 94 SC? Also, doesn't anyone have the wiring diagrams for the Alarm on any year. It's possible you could get the car to honk or flash if we have the image of a wiring diagram for the ALARM/Security.

I've looked at the anti-theft wiring for a '95 SC400 and a '94 SC400. Here are parts of the wiring schematics for both cars showing the Wireless Door Lock ECU which is separate from the anti-theft ECU. On my car a "Wirelss Door Lock Buzzer" is shown with a red/white (+) signal being sent to it from the ECU (pin# 1). The '94 doesn't have the buzzer and the ECU is wired differently although it also has 12 pins. The good news is that'd be easy to tap the red/white wire and connect it to the parking light relay(s) to make the lights flash when locking/unlocking.

94alarm.jpg

95alarm.jpg