Rx 300 Carpet Cleaning

redlikemethodz

I have a Bissell Little Green Machine.

It is an awesome lil portable scrubber/cleaner and some of the concentrate has scotchguard in it to help resist stains. It even shampoos my seats and carpets in my Rubicon, and it gets all kinds of filthy off-road.

Hi All,

We just bought a 99 RX 300 from a relative that was driven in NY. Needless to say the carpet is gross from dirty snow and mud up north. What's the best way to deep clean the carpets before I replace the mats?

Thanks!

I just returned from Michigan, where we put the RX. Needless to say, the mats were filthy as they never were in FL, what with the snow, ice, mud etc... (and Michigan tries to minimize use of salt, by spreading 'earth'). The best I could do was a stiff brush (about 10" long) and detergent in a big laundry tub, then a pass with 'Scrubbing Bubbles' and another rinse and scrub, then dry, then spray much Scotchguard. Claudia would not let me put them in the washing machine, but I think it would have been a good solution, to start, anyway.

A trip to a dry cleaner would do the job but would cost.

Try "RESOLVE". It is a carpet cleaner that works on upholstery as well. It comes as a foam spray or a liquid spray. It is used on a pickup work truck with cloth seats and mats after each muddy winter and does a wonderful job of spring clean-up. My wife uses it on our house carpet. It never fails to do a great job.

Then you might pick up a set of those nice Lexus rubber mats that were discussed here a couple of weeks ago. They are great.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...ic=53872&hl