Navigation Gps 7.1 Update Overide

BLAISERSC430

Since updating my 2002 SC-430 to the latest 7.1 Navigation GPS DISC I haven't found a fix to over-ride the system to allow me to input the data and address while driving on the fly. Does anyone know to? I've found out it's not your typical top left, bottom left screen finger screen taps etc. etc, etc..

If anyone knows the shortcut, please inform. Thank You!

Thats odd...

Your 2002 is a Gen 2/3 correct? Also, I hope you did not pay retail because 7.1 has been discontinued and 8.1 is the latest data disc.

Regardless, from everything I have read the Gen 2/3 systems maintained their ability to be overridden.

You are going to the Menu ---> System Option ---> then:

Upper left

Lower Left

Upper Left

Lower Left

Lower right?

Press the override button for about 1 sec and then hit back twice to get out of the menu

If the solution from the guy before doesn't work---there is a guy on Ebay who sells override disks for only $19.95, my friend purchased one and said it a snap.

I am a new owner of 2002 SC430. My car has the navigation cd missing so I need to purchase one. I have checked with Lexus and they are charging $300. Ebay has many for sale but they are approximately the same price. Does anyone know where I can get a new cd for a reasonable price, I would even settle for a older cd if someone has recently upgraded to test out my unit.

Can someone give me some help?

Thanks!

Thats odd...

Your 2002 is a Gen 2/3 correct? Also, I hope you did not pay retail because 7.1 has been discontinued and 8.1 is the latest data disc.

Regardless, from everything I have read the Gen 2/3 systems maintained their ability to be overridden.

You are going to the Menu ---> System Option ---> then:

Upper left

Lower Left

Upper Left

Lower Left

Lower right?

Billy,

Thanks for the instructions, that got me to the diag debug menu. From there which menu would I enter? Do you know what these other menu's do? I don't want to mess anything up. Please let me know if you know.

Regards,

Blaise

If the solution from the guy before doesn't work---there is a guy on Ebay who sells override disks for only $19.95, my friend purchased one and said it a snap.

I am a new owner of 2002 SC430. My car has the navigation cd missing so I need to purchase one. I have checked with Lexus and they are charging $300. Ebay has many for sale but they are approximately the same price. Does anyone know where I can get a new cd for a reasonable price, I would even settle for a older cd if someone has recently upgraded to test out my unit.

Thanks!

Melissa, here's the deal. If I can find my old 2002 OEM Disk I will send it to you FREE! I was in the same position as you and purchased a 2002 SC-430 and absolutely LOVE IT! I looked for an update on the net. Some guy in California was selling what I think was a OEM Copy and I bought it but I couldn't get it to work, so I had a friend of mine who owns a body shop get an OEM 7.1 Version from Toyota. I think my NAV Version from the original OEM Disk was 2.0 (but don't quote me on it) and I was trying to update my NAV from 2.0 to what I have now that is 7.1 what a difference. From what I understand 8.0 is the newest version which was released December 2008/January 2009. I can send you both discs and see which one works for you. Let me know.

Regards,

Blaise

Thanks!

Melissa, here's the deal. If I can find my old 2002 OEM Disk I will send it to you FREE! I was in the same position as you and purchased a 2002 SC-430 and absolutely LOVE IT! I looked for an update on the net. Some guy in California was selling what I think was a OEM Copy and I bought it but I couldn't get it to work, so I had a friend of mine who owns a body shop get an OEM 7.1 Version from Toyota. I think my NAV Version from the original OEM Disk was 2.0 (but don't quote me on it) and I was trying to update my NAV from 2.0 to what I have now that is 7.1 what a difference. From what I understand 8.0 is the newest version which was released December 2008/January 2009. I can send you both discs and see which one works for you. Let me know.

Regards,

Blaise

WOW! Thats very kind of you! If you sent me a disc then at least I would have something to use & test mine out with...My email address is: melissavac7811@aol.com. I emailed a guy this morning from Craigs List and he cautioned me that most of the time the NON-OEM discs will not work and you need to purchase the genuine article. Did you say you purchased a Toyota one? Does that work on ours as well? Thanks again, Melissa

Melissa,

You actually need to pop your disc out of the Nav player and make sure that the problem is actually a missing disc.

Often the problem with the Gen 2/3 players is that the laser will get weak and say that the disc cannot be read. Different from the no disc inserted error.

This should help you to get to your Nav disc to see which problem you actually have:

Nav disc removal instructions

Melissa,

You actually need to pop your disc out of the Nav player and make sure that the problem is actually a missing disc.

Often the problem with the Gen 2/3 players is that the laser will get weak and say that the disc cannot be read. Different from the no disc inserted error.

This should help you to get to your Nav disc to see which problem you actually have:

Nav disc removal instructions

I checked and the navigation unit in the trunk does NOT have a dvd inside. So my only step is to try and locate a navigation cd so that I can test it out. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Melissa

I would send a PM to BlaiserSC430 since he was so kind as to offer you a nav dvd on the free.

It may not be the most up-to-date of discs, but it must certainly beat the "insert Nav disc" that you have now. :)

That will let you test the unit to make sure that it works at all...

If anyone out there has an OEM Gen 2/3 disc that is a newer version than my 3.1 that they are getting rid of, please let me know. If you are upgrading to the new 8.1, I would be willing to buy your old disc as long as it works. Ver 3.1 does not even show my neighborhood that is 8 years old.

Thanks

Scott

sregan8@comcast.net

• 4 weeks later...
Since updating my 2002 SC-430 to the latest 7.1 Navigation GPS DISC I haven't found a fix to over-ride the system to allow me to input the data and address while driving on the fly. Does anyone know to? I've found out it's not your typical top left, bottom left screen finger screen taps etc. etc, etc..

If anyone knows the shortcut, please inform. Thank You!

:D I just bought a 2002 SC430 but the NAV info still tells the old I95 exit numbers in Florida. No biggie - but I have to think that it's missing tons of other updated info too. :unsure: Is the upgrade as simple as putting in a newer DVD version? Sounds too easy to be true! I believe I have gen 2/3 -- is there any upgrade DVD/version that will not work with my car's unit - or can I just look for the latest version that I can find on eBay ?!?! Do the newer versions offer any different screens or options? Can I finally enter an address while driving like I do on my portable Garmin? Can I place POI into categories ( work / sights/friends/etc)? ThankX ahead of time. B)

:D I just bought a 2002 SC430 but the NAV info still tells the old I95 exit numbers in Florida. No biggie - but I have to think that it's missing tons of other updated info too. :unsure: Is the upgrade as simple as putting in a newer DVD version? Sounds too easy to be true! I believe I have gen 2/3 -- is there any upgrade DVD/version that will not work with my car's unit - or can I just look for the latest version that I can find on eBay ?!?! Do the newer versions offer any different screens or options? Can I finally enter an address while driving like I do on my portable Garmin? Can I place POI into categories ( work / sights/friends/etc)? ThankX ahead of time. B)

Congrats on your new SC!

You do indeed have the Gen 2/3 Nav system and upgrading it is as easy as it sounds.

The good news is that you retain the ability to bypass your nav lockout when you are driving no matter which data version you use!

I would pick up the Gen 2/3 data version 8.1 disc and update it. You can get it someplace like Sewell Lexus or one of the other discount dealers onling.

Here is the info on how to replace the disc:

nav_install.pdf

I will add the link on how to bypass your lockout as soon as I find it...EDIT: please look up to post #2 above. It has the info on how to override the nav system to allow you to enter addresses while moving.

Good Luck!

BillyShaft, I did purchase a 8.1 cd off of ebay and it is working great, thanks for the advice. But when I programmed the override--it won't stay. It seems to forget the override after my car has been turned off. Is this the way it should be??? Or am I doing something wrong?? Thanks, Melissa

BillyShaft, I did purchase a 8.1 cd off of ebay and it is working great, thanks for the advice. But when I programmed the override--it won't stay. It seems to forget the override after my car has been turned off. Is this the way it should be??? Or am I doing something wrong?? Thanks, Melissa

Dumb question: How do I know what version my 03 SC430 has?? I am interested in up grading to 8.1. The override sounds like a great idea. Where do I get more infor??