343,500-mile Car Needs Help!

camlex

Hello,

On my passenger side, the electronic control for the window is not working. The switch works when the window rolls down, but for some reason, it's not working when I want the window to go up. However, from the control on the drivers side, the window does go up. Any ideas why the passenger side control is not allowing the window to go up? I can't believe this car is giving me this problem with such little mileage.

Thanks

Hello,

On my passenger side, the electronic control for the window is not working. The switch works when the window rolls down, but for some reason, it's not working when I want the window to go up. However, from the control on the drivers side, the window does go up. Any ideas why the passenger side control is not allowing the window to go up? I can't believe this car is giving me this problem with such little mileage.

Thanks

Sounds like the switch is dirty ;) Try removing the switch and clean the contacts.

Ditto. The passenger side power window switch needs a cleaning. Go to Radio Shack or an auto parts store and get a spray bomb of electrical contact cleaner (or volume control cleaner is what Radio Shack may call it). You can try spraying it right into the openings in the switch while it is in the door panel and cycle the switch several times up and down, all of this with the ignition switch turned off. Give the fluid 4 or 5 minutes to evaporate and then power up the switch and give it a try. If after 2 or 3 attempts at this it still doesn't work, you may well have to remove the switch from the door to get at its bottom and side openings and try spraying it again. If after all of this it still doesn't work, you'll have to replace the switch. Good Luck!

Not Great, The BEST cars..

I am going to continue till.................

What is the life of engine?

I thought I was pushing the envelope with 270,000 clicks on the odo. Guess my baby still has some life left in 'er yet.

I had a similar window problem last year. Ended up getting a new (used) switch for it. Problem gone.

And I agree with you: not Great, the BEST! :cheers: