Pulls To The Left

I have just had my Lexus ES300 front and rear alignment performed. After alignment it pulls to the left. When you release the wheel it goes to the center and the car drifts to the left. It moves quick enough the you can feel the direction change when the speed of the car is 45+. Is the because the steering wheel was not set to center during alignment or is the alignment of the front or rear incorrect?

I have just had my Lexus ES300 front and rear alignment performed. After alignment it pulls to the left. When you release the wheel it goes to the center and the car drifts to the left. It moves quick enough the you can feel the direction change when the speed of the car is 45+. Is the because the steering wheel was not set to center during alignment or is the alignment of the front or rear incorrect?

Welcome Jim!

Did you get a print out of the alignment details? Double check your tire pressures are correct. If the pressures are correct, I'd take it back to the shop you had the work done at & get them perform the 4 wheel alignment again.

:cheers:

Hey Jim, I had this problem also with my 99 es300. I got alignment many times but the problem was still persistent. Then I had laser alignment done and after that my car was good to go.

Take them on a test drive with you to show them the prob. Have them correct it. Then take them for another test drive. Don't pay for the service and don't leave the shop until you're satisfied with the job. If they can't get it right after the next try, ask for a refund, tell them to eat the bil, and as Randy suggests, take your car to a reputable shop.

Thanks Randy. I have been back over the same roads I previously tested and cannot get the same results. Does the wind have much effect on my results?

Hi Jim,

What you described is not unusual. Did the alignment shop test drive the care BEFORE and AFTER their alignment??. .....

My guess is - NO - they did not!!

The wheel alignment is probably not correct, although the alignment tech will tell you "it's within specs".

If they mention "crown of the road" your alignment job is a joke!!

There is absolutely no reason that the car should be pulling to the right or the left after an alignment!! The steering geometry and specifications are designed and engineered to drive "straight" down the road.

I would take the car back and demand that they make it right. If they give you any excuses or other BS, then you might consider taking the car to a reputable alignment shop.

That's just my worthless opinion.

Is the steering very sensitative on your Lexus.

Hey Jim, I had this problem also with my 99 es300. I got alignment many times but the problem was still persistent. Then I had laser alignment done and after that my car was good to go.