Shaking While Driving Of Speeds Over 60

I have a 2000 GS400, it is lowered and has 19 inch Work Wheels with Toyo tires. A few weeks ago I hit a massive pothole and slightly bent the front drivers side wheel and massively bent the rear driverside wheel. Both wheels were fixed but had to replace the front tire. Balancing was done upon completion of fixing the wheels. Could this mean I need an allignment, bad ballancing, or is it just because only one of my tires are new??

I have a 2000 GS400, it is lowered and has 19 inch Work Wheels with Toyo tires. A few weeks ago I hit a massive pothole and slightly bent the front drivers side wheel and massively bent the rear driverside wheel. Both wheels were fixed but had to replace the front tire. Balancing was done upon completion of fixing the wheels. Could this mean I need an allignment, bad ballancing, or is it just because only one of my tires are new??

check to make sure you didn't bend your LCA, your tie rods, or etc etc....yes i would say if you hit a pothole hard enough to bend BOTH the front wheel and rear wheel you probably need a alignment. if all that turns out ok, make sure the wheels are in spec even though they were fixed....make sure they were fixed properly

I would try having both fronts balanced again. While they have the wheels off, they can check to make sure all the suspension parts are tight and secure.

our cars are rear wheel drive so last time i checked the cars REAR wheels are actually the only ones weighted and balanced.

since he bent BOTH a front and rear wheel i wouldn't skimp out here, i would check both the back and the front! but im with mlgs300 as i said make sure are suspension parts are tight,secure, and not broken

I would also put in a claim to the township for all damage. Take pics and make notes as to the date and time.

This happened in the city of Placentia and what was weird was that the pothole was a block from City Hall. I did infact go to take my receipt to city hall and submit a claim for damages to be reinbursed. Damage totaled $584... Replacing the one tire cost almost as much as fixing both wheels!

I would also put in a claim to the township for all damage. Take pics and make notes as to the date and time.

This happened in the city of Placentia and what was weird was that the pothole was a block from City Hall. I did infact go to take my receipt to city hall and submit a claim for damages to be reinbursed. Damage totaled $584... Replacing the one tire cost almost as much as fixing both wheels!

Goodonya for doing that! :cheers: I would make sure, as sakataj suggest, that there is no other hidden damage. Your claim should cover everything.