Which Do You Like Better? Coach Seats Or Regular?

cduluk

Hey guys,

I have a 2003 Rx300 with the tan interior, regular leather. I recently spilled something on the rear seats which ruined them pretty badly. My options were to buy new rear seat covers from Lexus for ~$1000 or buy a used set of seats- i opted to buy a used set...

I found someone on ebay selling a set of used rear seats from an 02 with the tan interior, looked in good shape. Payed $300 shipped.

The package arrived today, but when i opened it up, i found two FRONT seats!!

But they weren't just any regular set, they were COACH edition, with the holes.

After looking at them for a while, i think i like the coach seats better than the regular seats...

I contacted the seller and told him that he had sent me the wrong seats. He told me someone in Texas purchased the whole set of coach seats, fronts and rears. He accidentally sent me the coach fronts, and sent him one rear coach and one rear regular (the one i had originally purchased).

I told him to ask the guy in TX if he would keep the regular rear and send the coach rear to me, and the seller would send him a pair of front regulars.

Which seats do you think i should get- the COACH seats or the regular leather seats? Any input appreciated!

Personally, I don't care for the perforated leather - if you spill anything it gets through the cover and into the foam. The plain leather is much easier to clean (cleaning materials also get into the holes in the coach leather covers). Just my $0.02 worth.

Ugh! I learned that today. I tried giving these seats a good cleaning and conditioning (looks like it's never been done) and the conditioner and everything just goes down the holes! :lol: I guess i'll have to be careful.

The guy agreed to send me the rear COACH seats for $150. So now i'll have both front and rear coach seats for $450 total <_<

So i have my factory set and a coach set. If one day i feel like going coach, i'll install the coach. If one day i want to go regular, i'll go regular. :)

I still don't know how i feel about the coach seats. The holes do look 'odd' but i mean, they're more expensive so who cares :D

Can anyone with experience with both tell me if one is more comfortable than the other? My car's been at the shop for a month i forgot how the regular seats feel... Also, do you think the heated seats will work better with the holes?

Yup, the holes definitely cost more! :lol: As to comfort and heating, I don't think there'll be any difference as that is most likely determines by the foam cushions.

As an aside, are the heating and airbag connectors the same on the regular and coach seats?

I have nooo idea, but i'd assume so. I don't have my car back yet from the shop, when i get it back i will be able to compare.

I want to have these seats re-finished a bit. The thigh supports are cracking a little bit from normal use. I want to have them professionally repaired, but i'm not sure who i can take them to.

Would lexus give me the name of the company they hire to do their leather before selling them as CPO's? I know they'd have a lot of experience.