Scheduled Maintenance

metrojoke

Just after Thanksgiving I purchased a beautiful 2005 GX470 with 21000 miles on it (not a CPO). I registered with the Lexus website and was pleased to see the vehicles service history. It had missed the 20000 mile dealer appointment but had had an oil change at Jiffy Lube. I am taking it to the local Dealer (North Hills Lexus Pittsburgh, PA) to catch up on the scheduled maintenance and inquire about a trailer hitch this coming week.

What can I expect to pay for the 20000 mile checkup (nothing needs to be fixed) and has anyone used this dealer for a vehicle not purchased there?

So far I am a happy Lexus owner, this truck is well built and a pleasure to drive. Hopefully my first dealer experience will keep me happy. :)

The 20000 miles schedule maintenance is just check this and check that, you dont really need it. Just change your oil rotate the tires and check the fluids and you will fine. On the other hand, I would never bring a Lexus into jiffy lube, you are just asking for problems. If you want to save money, go to a Toyota dealer, not Jiffy Lube.

First, welcome to the LOC, and congrats on your new ride!

Don't be concerned about having maintenance done at a dealer that you didn't purchase from. Salespeople tend to play the "Buy from us and you will get special treatment at our service department" game. Sales and Service are two different cost centers and operate independently as far as I can tell.

Just call your Service Advisor and discuss your concerns, questions and plans. I guarantee that they will treat you well when you come in.

The 20000 miles schedule maintenance is just check this and check that, you dont really need it. Just change your oil rotate the tires and check the fluids and you will fine. On the other hand, I would never bring a Lexus into jiffy lube, you are just asking for problems. If you want to save money, go to a Toyota dealer, not Jiffy Lube.

X2 on this. Once you have your first maintenance done, you will probably receive coupons for discounted oil change and other services. Hang on to them and let Lexus maintain your new ride!