2001 Lexus Gs 300 Power Turn On And Off While Driving

Hi,

i have a 2001 lexus gs300 and i have a problem that just started to occur i am curious to know how to fix it.

The problem is that when i am driving my power would suddently shut off for a few second then turn on while

i am driving. first i notice it was just the inside but i was wrong it was killing my outside power as well. such as

my headlight and inside lights as well. but my car doesn't totally shut off it still runs. but it did happen to me

recently that my car did totally shut off as well that i had to turn off my car and start it up again and it would be

working fine. let me know if any of you guys have the same problem or know how to fix this problem.

Hi,

i have a 2001 lexus gs300 and i have a problem that just started to occur i am curious to know how to fix it.

The problem is that when i am driving my power would suddently shut off for a few second then turn on while

i am driving. first i notice it was just the inside but i was wrong it was killing my outside power as well. such as

my headlight and inside lights as well. but my car doesn't totally shut off it still runs. but it did happen to me

recently that my car did totally shut off as well that i had to turn off my car and start it up again and it would be

working fine. let me know if any of you guys have the same problem or know how to fix this problem.

did u check the battery connections? battery and alternator? sounds like a loose wire but im not sure yes....

explain this....

" but it did happen to me

working fine."

if your car totally shuts off how CAN YOU turn it off and start up again? do u mean it totally shut off and you put it in neutral, took key out and started it up? im lost by what u mean u turned it off if car was already off

Hi,

did u check the battery connections? battery and alternator? sounds like a loose wire but im not sure yes....

explain this....

" but it did happen to me

working fine."

if your car totally shuts off how CAN YOU turn it off and start up again? do u mean it totally shut off and you put it in neutral, took key out and started it up? im lost by what u mean u turned it off if car was already off

yeah i check my connector to the battery.

what i meant was that as i slow down to a stop the motor and everything is turn off.. which i would have

to put my car back to park and start it up again.. and it would be working fine.. let me know if you understand

whatn i am saying. hope you guys have any other clue to this situation.

what i meant was that as i slow down to a stop the motor and everything is turn off.. which i would have

to put my car back to park and start it up again.. and it would be working fine.. let me know if you understand

ok i guess i'll try and help clean up the spelling/grammar....cause for some reason this week its more noticeable to me

what i meant was that as i slow down to a stop the motor and everything else turns off, then i have to put my car back into park to start it up again...and it will work fine again? is this what you essentially saying.....? whats with grammar/this week? maybe im just getting dumber....i dunno man i cant seem to understand ne1 this week, maybe i should get some sleep or something! regardless i think i catch the drift of this....

but again.....i say its a loose wire, a dying battery, a dying alternator or something silly like that. do u have a amp meter you can put on the battery and check starting (cranking amps) and running amps?

yea it is something like that. and i'll double check the connector again and see how it work.. but recently i been driving it for a week now and it has been fine.. so i'll double check again to see if there anything wrong with it. the other thing is that my battery is still fairly new. I have it for about a year now. but i'll let you know about it. thanks for the help.

ok i guess i'll try and help clean up the spelling/grammar....cause for some reason this week its more noticeable to me

what i meant was that as i slow down to a stop the motor and everything else turns off, then i have to put my car back into park to start it up again...and it will work fine again? is this what you essentially saying.....? whats with grammar/this week? maybe im just getting dumber....i dunno man i cant seem to understand ne1 this week, maybe i should get some sleep or something! regardless i think i catch the drift of this....

but again.....i say its a loose wire, a dying battery, a dying alternator or something silly like that. do u have a amp meter you can put on the battery and check starting (cranking amps) and running amps?

yea it is something like that. and i'll double check the connector again and see how it work.. but recently i been driving it for a week now and it has been fine.. so i'll double check again to see if there anything wrong with it. the other thing is that my battery is still fairly new. I have it for about a year now. but i'll let you know about it. thanks for the help.

just double check your wiring isnt loose, corroded, alternator is good. start with your basics and then work your way back into the crazy stuff that SHOULDNT b happening

• 2 weeks later...
I'd also take a look at the belt that connects to the alternator... if its slipping due to wear, or if a tensioner is bad it could cause those symptoms...

i think i might be the tensioner as well.. cause i had my machanic check it out and he said my tensioner sounds bad..

so i'll probably have to change that.. do you know how much it would cost to fix the tensioner along with the belt?