Metallic Rattle.

NicLX470

For my 98 LX470.

The weather here has been getting more tolerable and I have been riding with the windows down. Now I can hear a metallic rattle noise coming from the front drivers side wheel. I have no idea how long this has been happening as I can only hear it with the window down. It only happens when going over bumps or sections of the road where concrete meets each other. Obviously something is loose? I am bringing it to my mechanic tomorrow and I would like to have some suggestions if anyone has any on what this might be? Had the brakes redone back in October.

Not that anyone cares but I found out why my truck is rattleing.......there is a metal pin that holds tension to the brake pads as you can see in the picture below. Well my truck for some reason my truck is missing these pins. So the noise I was hearing was the break pads hitting against the calipers. Either the last brake job I had the mechanic did not reinstall them OR he said they can get so worn that they break and fall out. Any thoughts? I had them order the pins so we will see in a few days!!

post-73053-1231277086_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Possibly. I'm glad you figured it out on your own without having the dealers mess with the car before they find that simple problem. :P

No joke!! I'm sure the dealership would have told me the CV joints needed to be replaced for $2000 when I just had them replaced. 6 months ago. And the REAL problem was a 10 dollar metal pin.