Pictures Of Es300

popimp

"Pimpin' Aint Easy"??????

I believe in free speech, but I think I need to reconsider my use of this "forum" if this is the kind of negative, anti-social behavior members and administrators of this website condone, if not encourage. If this is permissible under the LOC rules then count me out!!!!!

Pimpin' Aint Easy"??????

I believe in free speech, but I think I need to reconsider my use of this "forum" if this is the kind of negative, anti-social behavior members and administrators of this website condone, if not encourage. If this is permissible under the LOC rules then count me out!!!!!

im not sure what your talking about!

who is being negitive and anit-social to you?

we dont condone negitivity to other members but im not sure whats making you say this.is it because of popimp's avator?

The "avatar" expresses an anti-social behavior I would think an "auto club" would not only not condone, but prohibit from its website. I wanted to access your forum for info on cars, not to hear about how tough it is to be a pimp. Hey, its your website, do with it what you will. I apologize for bringing it up, I'll do my browsing elsewhere.

Well, I believe in free speech also, and in doing so, I believe I have the right to say that personally, I could care less if someone has an avatar that says "pimpin ain't easy"...hey, it takes all kinds. That's the glory of America. B)

That would be like saying Lexus condones its use of its cars for drug dealers mobsters and politicians.

Should it remove its emblems because it wouldn't want to associate itself?

Its the members aatar.it isn't vulgar or crude.

It is funny to them and others may find it also.

It is almost like saying i don;t like spam email ,so i will not use my computer anymore.

Life is never the way you always want it. CHange what is under your control and affects your life.

Learn to accept the things you can;t and have no need to.

i agree! :D

the guy wasnt being ignorent to anyone thats just his avatar and i dont see the big deal in it.everyones different and to nip pick on a little saying in someones avatar is a bit to much.if you feel like you need to take your info somewere else thats up to you but anywere you go you will find things you dont like but you have to deal with it.

this is a great club so you will lose out on alot of good info from other lexus owners and such so to lose that over someones avatar isnt worth it but thats just my opinoin. :D

Amen; this is by far the best Lexus club I've found; CL is good too, but I don't think it's as active, although it seems maybe a little more closely knit...actually, they seem to focus more on modifying rather than fixing their cars, but then again, I don't look there too much, so I'm not really one to judge. Here, there's a few really loyal people that communicate alot with each other and help everyone tremendously. That's what I like here. ;)

thats because you dont let little things like that bother you!and your a girl right? :D then again i guess girls could be pimps too!hehe just kidding!

everyones different i guess!i didnt see much problem with it either but some people just let everything get to them. :(

I had to come back and visit this site to see the reaction to my post and I am disappointed in the moderator and “management” of this website. If you can’t understand a member’s objection to another member promoting pimping, an illegal and immoral activity which victimizes mostly women and frequently children, then perhaps you need to do some research into law enforcement records about the true nature of these predators. Pimping is not a victimless crime. Talk to a cop about it. If after some research and reflection on your cavalier attitude toward this criminal activity you still find the avatar humorous, then I suggest you should not be moderating or managing a website for automobile enthusiasts. Would you also think it humorous if someone had an avatar that stated, “kiddy !Removed!, try it, you’ll like it”, even if they were only being humorous and exercising free speech?

Sk, I have learned “life is never the way you always want it” as you put it. However, I have also learned that sometimes you have to try to change things for the better and make suggestions for improvement to those in charge, even if you have no control over the outcome. If you propose one should just mutely accept behavior by individuals (or governments) that is contrary to your beliefs, never offering your opinion, then you invite anarchy or dictatorship and you may as well be living in Cuba. Also, proposing that I blindly continue to participate in an organization or group that ignores or condones behavior that I deem unacceptable is incredulous. (“Learn to accept the things you can’t, and have no need to.”)

Finally, since I am already accused of nip(sic) picking I would also suggest you incorporate a spelling and grammar checker on the website.

Finally, since I am already accused of nip(sic) picking I would also suggest you incorporate a spelling and grammar checker on the website.

ahh i am so hurt. :(

:lol::lol:

wow was that the best you could come up with.

as i mentioned it is all a matter of perspective. "being pimp" is now a part of everyday urban language, If you are unaware or use it then it would have the same old derogatory implications.

I am not saying being a pimp is good . But saying you are "pimp" is just a matter of being. Meaning you are affluent or dressed nice or anything else. It is the way people used to call each other a "don" they weren't saying they were part of the mob . Helll most people would be afraid and wet themselves it they even met a real "gangster". It is all part of a person just emphasising there state of being.

There is a really good song called "P.I.M.P " by a person called 50 cent it is about making money and having women not pimping women. But then if you didn;t hear it you might get called a "wankster". But i guess you are not in tune with most of america or like it.

The club management cannot please everyones feelings on certain matters posted my members of this club. Thats why we set certain features whithin our forums so to protect members from images or some profanity.

Lex94

I have a suggestion for you. Its not a solution for everyone but a solution for you if you do not wish to see avatars like this.

Our Software allows you to turn off avatars

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...=UserCP&CODE=04

select the section Do you wish to view members avatars when reading topics?

This will solve your problem.

We do not want members to leave this club... In the years I have been running our network I have never had any complaints in regards to words such as "PIMPS" or "Pimpin aint easy"... it is merely a fictitious charector by having a what is known as a "Pimp Mobile" with all the modifications of a vehicle used by Pimps.

No one is claiming that they are selling women or children on the streets.. We would certainly make sure that sort of thing does not happen here even in jest. But what you have to realise is that its not just here on the forums you are seeing Pimping.. i see it every day when i watch MTV... why dont you call MTV and complain to them when a 12 year old boy/girl is watching the TV and taking it all in subliminally.

Another suggestion would be to PM the member and kindly ask if they would change their avatar as it offends you... sometimes this works and you do not have to put yourself in this situation. Afterall.. the guy has only made one post... He will probably return and see this post and remove his avatar to keep the peace.

Anyway.. your welcome here anytime.

I agree with what everyone else has said here. "Pimpin" is simply a slang term, one I hear every day. We have no right to remove his avatar, and I think the response here has overwhelmingly shown that the majority of our members don't mind, so our hands are tied. Sorry, but we can't please everybody ;)

• 1 month later...

Nice pic's and I'm a new member. Proud new owner of my first Lexus '99 ES 300, she's a beaut.

I also participart in quite a few forums for my various interest. and it never ceases to amaze me, how some people act or re-act on these forums, it's cyber discussion, for goodness sake, relax.