Rubber Strrips On Roof?

mccldwll

There are 2 rubber strips (@1.25" x .75" x 3') which sit in recessed grooves of similar dimensions on each side of roof on '05. In very heavy cross winds the other day one came completely loose and was "fluttering". I removed it so wouldn't lose an overpriced part. Groove is filthy. After I clean groove and trip piece, what is recommended adhesive for reattachment? Does it take a continuous bead, or only some dabs on either end?

Thanks in advance

• 5 months later...

There are 2 rubber strips (@1.25" x .75" x 3') which sit in recessed grooves of similar dimensions on each side of roof on '05. In very heavy cross winds the other day one came completely loose and was "fluttering". I removed it so wouldn't lose an overpriced part. Groove is filthy. After I clean groove and trip piece, what is recommended adhesive for reattachment? Does it take a continuous bead, or only some dabs on either end?

Thanks in advance

Did you ever get a reply or find a solution? My strips are loose.

My reccomendation would be some weather strip adhesive, OR, gorrilla glue. Make sure and lightly sand if possible the area you want the adhesive to adhere to. This would help the adhesive bond to the area / strip.

My reccomendation would be some weather strip adhesive, OR, gorrilla glue. Make sure and lightly sand if possible the area you want the adhesive to adhere to. This would help the adhesive bond to the area / strip.

For outdoor apps., I am a fan of marine glue, which remains a touch flexible and does not deteriorate in wet conditions. The rest of the suggestions (e.g. light sanding - full length/very thin coat) apply. Give it at least 12hrs. cure period.

Good luck.