Pcv Valve Lexus Es300, Location Of

bigfish

I recently bought a replacement PCV valve for my 1999 Lexus ES300. The only problem is I have not been able to find the valve location underneath the hood of car.

Anyone know where its locate? Words of advice would be appreciated, a digital picture would be greatly appreciated.

-Ron

I will make a stab, I own an RX300 of the same year and mine is located on the rear valve cover on the right side of the car. It is kind of under the intake manifold at the front of the engine on top of the valve cover next to the timing belt cover. Mine has a rubber hose coming off it to the intake manifold on the left side of the car.

I found this post with a picture on the RX, might help:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/2786313-post13.html

• 3 weeks later...
Welcome to LOC bigfish....try using the search function in this thread....I'm sure this has been covered in the past with pictures.

:cheers:

I did search this and other forums before posting this SOS, but I simply cannot find this darn PCV valve. The only comfort I take from this is that I've asked allot of savvy people to help me find the location of this part, but so far No one can find it. So far here is what I've done to find the PCV valve in my 1999 Lexus ES300:

I looked again and again ---- No luck

I had my sister look for it --- No luck

I had a family friend that works for a FORD dealership look ---- No luck

I went to a Shuck's Auto Supply (soon to be known as O'reilly's Auto Parts) --- The parts guy couldn't find it

So I went to a Shuck's Auto Supply in a different city (15 miles away) the parts guy there couldn't find it --- No luck

I went to a Firestone Tires and Repair, and asked a ACE certified mechanic --- would you believe he spent 10 minutes looking and he couldn't find it? He said "I don't normally work on this types of cars"

I went to the library and looked in a Chilton's book, I found a badly drawn diagram of the part but NOT where it resides in the motor.

So I went to an Autozone and bought a Toyota Camry - centric Haynes auto repair book, but once again the pictures were not helpful. Someone could make ALLOT of money digitally photographing and then diagraming every engine component of this car. With that said if anyone makes allot of money doing this remember me.

I am begining to wonder if my 1999 ES300 even has a PCV valve (I know it does) but I can't find it . . . .

Anyone willing to help a flounder fellow-ES300 owner out??

-Ron

Sorry, I tried with the RX300 picture, which is on the Right rear side of the engine (Right side of car next to windshield or firewall) I know some may have them from a hose to the Air plenum... The 1meze engine on the RX the pcv is mounted right through the valve cover.

Here it is on the CAMRY, should be the same on yours....

post-12820-1232343766_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to LOC bigfish....try using the search function in this thread....I'm sure this has been covered in the past with pictures.

:cheers:

I did search this and other forums before posting this SOS, but I simply cannot find this darn PCV valve. The only comfort I take from this is that I've asked allot of savvy people to help me find the location of this part, but so far No one can find it. So far here is what I've done to find the PCV valve in my 1999 Lexus ES300:

I looked again and again ---- No luck

I had my sister look for it --- No luck

I had a family friend that works for a FORD dealership look ---- No luck

I went to a Shuck's Auto Supply (soon to be known as O'reilly's Auto Parts) --- The parts guy couldn't find it

So I went to a Shuck's Auto Supply in a different city (15 miles away) the parts guy there couldn't find it --- No luck

I went to a Firestone Tires and Repair, and asked a ACE certified mechanic --- would you believe he spent 10 minutes looking and he couldn't find it? He said "I don't normally work on this types of cars"

I went to the library and looked in a Chilton's book, I found a badly drawn diagram of the part but NOT where it resides in the motor.

So I went to an Autozone and bought a Toyota Camry - centric Haynes auto repair book, but once again the pictures were not helpful. Someone could make ALLOT of money digitally photographing and then diagraming every engine component of this car. With that said if anyone makes allot of money doing this remember me.

I am begining to wonder if my 1999 ES300 even has a PCV valve (I know it does) but I can't find it . . . .

Anyone willing to help a flounder fellow-ES300 owner out??

-Ron

I think lenore has answered your question with a pic even. Just look at the valve you bought and you'll recognize it in the pic. Rear bank valve cover. As you can see, it's awkward to get to. Careful with the hoses.