Need Help Deciding On Extended Warranty For My New Es350

LexusSai

Hi All,

I would be signing the contract and picking up my new ES350 tomorrow from my dealer. The dealer is offering me a deal for extended warranty which he says would cost me $2425 for 6 yrs/100,000 miles platinum protection. This includes a Lojack installed in the car which according to the dealer costs $470. So it is $1955 for the extended warranty + $470 for the Lojack. Also the dealer is saying that I can get my warranty money 100% back if I did not use it in the extended period. If I did happen to use it, I would be getting a prorated amount if I sell/trade in/total loss my car.

Is this a good deal? I see that you can get the extended warranty from any dealer. I tried to shop around but did not get much success.

Can I get a better deal anyother dealer? I will really really appreciate any help to make my decision easier. Also is there anything else I would have to keep in mind while picking up my ES350 tomorrow?

Thanks!

Hi All,

I would be signing the contract and picking up my new ES350 tomorrow from my dealer. The dealer is offering me a deal for extended warranty which he says would cost me $2425 for 6 yrs/100,000 miles platinum protection. This includes a Lojack installed in the car which according to the dealer costs $470. So it is $1955 for the extended warranty + $470 for the Lojack. Also the dealer is saying that I can get my warranty money 100% back if I did not use it in the extended period. If I did happen to use it, I would be getting a prorated amount if I sell/trade in/total loss my car.

Is this a good deal? I see that you can get the extended warranty from any dealer. I tried to shop around but did not get much success.

Can I get a better deal anyother dealer? I will really really appreciate any help to make my decision easier. Also is there anything else I would have to keep in mind while picking up my ES350 tomorrow?

Thanks!

The price seems too high. MSRP on the Lexus website is $1,750 with $0 deductible. WeBargain4U.com, (888) 759-8823, has the Lexus Platinum 6yr/100,000 mile $0 deductible plan for $1,397.80 out-the-door. Make sure and mention you saw them on the forum :)

Thanks! Can you please tell me where I can see MSRP for the extended warranty on Lexus website? I would like to get this info to show to the dealer. I will also mention about the forum.

I also wanted to ask you if the warranty MSRP rates listed in the lexus.com have 100% money back if the warranty is not used? The dealer I am working with has the following deal with the warranty he is offering:

If I do not use the warranty during the extended period which is either 6yrs or 100,000 whichever earlier, I can get my warranty premium 100% back.

OR

If I happened to use the warranty for some reason during the extended period and happened to sell/trade in/total loss my car during the extended period, I would get a prorated amount back.

Does the warranty mentioned in lexus.com website also come with the same package??