Tire Width...will This Fit The Is250 Wheels?

I am trying to do thorough research to find better tires than the OEM Bridgestones since they are too expensive and not the best. A friend of mine has a Subaru WRX and has had excellent luck with General Exclaim UHP tires. These tires are available from Tire rack and are very inexpensive (around $100/tire). They are rated very well and I would concur since I have been a passenger in his car and like the tires. On to my point then...General makes the Exlaim to fit the front of the IS250 but they don't make one in a 255 width for the rear; they do make a 245 width however. If I am correct, the 245 is 1 centimeter slimmer than a 255.

Does anyone know if the slightly smaller, 245 width tire would fit the rear wheel with no issues? If so, this looks to be an excellent alternative.

Update 1/4/09:

I called General direct and they DO have the rear tire in the correct size; Tire Rack was not aware but the part no of this tire is 15487500000 in case anyone is interested in giving these tires a try.

Update 1/4/09:

I called General direct and they DO have the rear tire in the correct size; Tire Rack was not aware but the part no of this tire is 15487500000 in case anyone is interested in giving these tires a try.

So did Tire Rack say they could get this tire? Please post your initial thoughts on the tires if you get them as I'm interested in getting the Generals, too.