Remote Engine Starter, Anyone Had One Installed ?

Going to pick up my 2006 GS300 CPO car this coming Saturday. I had asked about a remote starter and they told me they install them for $995.00

I told them that I searched this forum and some of the old replies was that it was not possible.

They told me that was not true and they can install one.

Has anyone had one installed and can you comment on it as far as price?

Also, I read somewhere here that they have to use one of the two keyfobs and leave hidden in the vehicle and that it drains the battery in the keyfob since it is is always transmitting, is that true ?

Thanks

Going to pick up my 2006 GS300 CPO car this coming Saturday. I had asked about a remote starter and they told me they install them for $995.00

I told them that I searched this forum and some of the old replies was that it was not possible.

Also, I read somewhere here that they have to use one of the two keyfobs and leave hidden in the vehicle and that it drains the battery in the keyfob since it is is always transmitting, is that true ?

Thanks

I will be curious to see how they bypass the requirement that the brake pedal be pressed in order to start a vehicle using smart key/push button start technology.

steviej

Thanks

I will be curious to see how they bypass the requirement that the brake pedal be pressed in order to start a vehicle using smart key/push button start technology.

steviej

They can be done, without loosing a key, I've personally done a ton of them with no issues