03 Gx470 Dashboard Cracks

2klx470

I bought a 03 GX470 in 2005 and it was mint. In 2007 I noted hairline cracks in the dash. My car was always garage kept even at work. I had the extended warrantee, Palm Beach Lexus is awesome and fixed it no charge. Two years later more cracks and a lot more of them. Not even where the the sun penetrates. So now the new one is 2 years old and my warrantee is done. PB Lexus worked hard on my behalf with coorporate but they wanted 50% which would be 1200$. The word out of their mouths was "Yea Lexus has an issue with 03 dashes". What so now my car is perfect accept the dash, which makes the car look like a old clunker. Its been paid off and I love it and do not want a new payment. So on to the carpeted dash cover. Which looks even worse. Class action comes to my mind. My daughter also had a Lexus 2007 and it to cracked 1 month after purchase. They replaced it for 300$. LEXUS come on.

• 1 year later...

Update to this topic if interested. It seems that Lexus has finally admitted that this problem is endemic and are gearing up to replace the dash boards on 2003-2009 GX470's entirely at their cost. I have checked this fact with my Lexus dealer and they confirmed. They are going to have parts available for the repairs by May 2015. I've heard they ask some pretty tough questions to qualify you, but my dealer said that they would probably replace all that come in. I guess now the question is if they will give refunds for all of those who went the route of paying for the repair themselves.

I received the recall notice last week. It's for "sticky dash" and cracked dashes. Mine is so far the "sticky dash" issue, it's a 2005 GX470 and I intend to have Lexus replace it before the sticky turns to the cracking I expect. I hope you all get refunds for the repairs you had to shell out money for.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently received a letter from Lexus stating that they have extended the warranty to cover the dashboard issues. They Lexus very specific in stating that it is not a recall. If requested I can scan and attach a copy.

• 5 months later...

Just had my dash replaced on my 2007 GX 470 with 136,000 miles under good will warranty, Lexus sent me a post card Jan 2015 in the mail stating the problem. September 2015 parts finally arrived. The dash did not crack just sticky, my GX is garage kept out of the sun.I always blamed my wife asking her is she spilled nail polish remover. lol The Lexus dealer had trouble removing the A-pillars due to the windshield being replaced and too much sealant glued the A-pillar to the windshield. The A-pillars were $159.00 each, the dealer tried to have me pay for them, I contacted Lexus corporate and they good willed the additional parts and labor. The dealer did a great job and I am satisfied.

• 7 years later...

I have a 2004, Lexus GX 470. My car’s been in there garage. It only has 95,000 miles and it’s starting to crack. I tried to get a hold of Lexus and they said they would not do it that it’s past whatever date they had put on getting your dash replaced which is bull*BLEEP* because I never got a notice because I moved.. my car is 19 years old and it looks pretty damn good with only 95,000 miles but the dash is starting to look like *BLEEP* anybody have suggestions on who to contact or if I’m way too late?

thank you.  Tom