Removing Yellow Stains

post-85681-1230796556_thumb.jpg

I obeserved yellow coloring right under my gas cap on my silver lexus. It almost looks like gas drops or small spill when filling up gas. So i tried to scrub it with polish clothes and antibacterial wipes and soap and what not!!! but no luck almost feels like it is part of the paint. It's driving me crazy watching that spot everytime i walk by the car. Its brand new 2009 model and only 3 weeks old :-( how can i get rid of that bugger?

any help is really appreciated

Take it back to the dealer and ask them why it won't come off. It looks like a paint problem. Paint should be able to resist gasoline. If gas is etching into paint, it's either some alien gas or the paint isn't cured.

If you rub your nail over the stain, is it smooth like the stain's under the clearcoat? Or can you feel the stain as if it's caked over the paint?

You could dry wet-sanding with 2000grit and polishing with 3m scratch remover, but i would take it to the dealer first.

wouldn't that take away clear coat or impact the glossy look? its just 4 weeks old and do not want to do any damage to the paint. I added a better picture at webshots:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/22695...host=good-times

No, a clay bar will not damage the paint or remove the clear coat. Sandpaper will.

Take it back to the dealer and ask them why it won't come off. It looks like a paint problem. Paint should be able to resist gasoline. If gas is etching into paint, it's either some alien gas or the paint isn't cured.

If you rub your nail over the stain, is it smooth like the stain's under the clearcoat? Or can you feel the stain as if it's caked over the paint?

You could dry wet-sanding with 2000grit and polishing with 3m scratch remover, but i would take it to the dealer first.

it almost feels like it part of the paint. won't feel much of a caked over

• 2 weeks later...

Take it back to the dealer since it's under warranty. Normal paint shouldn't etch from a few spills of gasoline. Paint is covered under the warranty. They will do their best to remove the stain, and if they're unsuccessful, they'll have it repainted.