Any Shop Manuals Available For '95-'97 Ls400?

amcdonal86

You might find used manuals at low cost on eBay -- I've seen many but it might be a trick to find them for your specific model year. Some people get a one day subscription ($10) to Lexus Techinfo and spend hours downloading and organizing the PDFs.

I bought the repair manual set from my current LS400 from a Canadian dealer when the exchange rate was especially favorable -- Metro Lexus in Victoria BC.

I think I bought the manual set for my previous LS400 in 1990 from either Sewell Lexus in Dallas or a Lexus dealer in Omaha. I have bought quite a bit of stuff from Sewell -- been given pretty good discounts with or without a discount code probably because I am a repeat buyer. Check the ClubLexus website vendor list for a discount code for Sewell.

There have been lots of sources for new parts including manuals posted on this forum -- Iron Toad, etc. You could google "Lexus parts" and find a lot of companies if not don't mind paying for a new set of manuals.

I've found that Lexus LS repair manuals are not particularly detailed and that they do not provide adequate information for doing many repairs. I have been especially disappointed that the manuals often do not say exactly where certain electrical parts are located. They do, however, have a good selection of diagnostic procedures. The diagnostic procedures can be complex and require special equipment and knowledge.

As poor as they are, the Lexus repair manuals are still useful to have even if you want them only to understand and verify what a repair shop is doing on your car.