Switching Seats

redhawks2

Noticing that the leather on the left side driver's seat is starting to look its age, mostly where you slide in and out on the bottom bolster and seat back...just typical leather wear. However, the same areas on the passenger seat look practically brand new. Wondering if there is a way I can switch the seats. I know the seat controls are different but I'm thinking that the controls would stay with the framework on the respective seats and I could somehow just change the seat itself. Although there is that lumbar thing in the driver's seat back so maybe I would have to switch the seat backs as well. Anyone considered doing this?

I don't believe you would have much luck ever changing the seating postions with the controls facing the middle console.

An altrenative to "switching the seats would be to check the 'net for new leather seat packages. I'm not sure about pricing for the kits but I have seen them advertised.

BTW - I asked the Lexus dealership how much an '03 ls 430 seat would cost and they are $2,500.

Jeff-