Can't Install Rear Brake Pads.

vinny186

I don't get it, I installed the front pads a year ago and had no problem with the install but I just tried installing some new pads in the rear and I can't get the caliper to close. The piston is all the way in as I'm able to close the caliper over it but where the bolt would go to lock down the caliper, I can't get the caliper to fully close.

I went to an auto parts store to compare them and they were all the same thickness.

What gives?

Thanks

I don't get it, I installed the front pads a year ago and had no problem with the install but I just tried installing some new pads in the rear and I can't get the caliper to close. The piston is all the way in as I'm able to close the caliper over it but where the bolt would go to lock down the caliper, I can't get the caliper to fully close.

I went to an auto parts store to compare them and they were all the same thickness.

What gives?

Thanks

Either your piston isn't all the way compressed or your slide pins are not pushed in when you bring caliper over pads.