Coolant

The owners manual from the recently purchased gs300 (03) said to use ethylene glycol only. The coolant in my car is a pinkish color and has no odor of ethylene however it does have an ethylene taste. The label on the propylene container says it meets all specs for protection and corrosion for all cars and metals,so what would be the harm , if any to use the low-tox propylene stuff?

The owners manual from the recently purchased gs300 (03) said to use ethylene glycol only. The coolant in my car is a pinkish color and has no odor of ethylene however it does have an ethylene taste. The label on the propylene container says it meets all specs for protection and corrosion for all cars and metals,so what would be the harm , if any to use the low-tox propylene stuff?

did u taste this? just use the oem toyota red/pink stuff its cheap

did u taste this? just use the oem toyota red/pink stuff its cheap

If the Toyota stuff is red or pink, maybe that is what the car has in it. Still, what would be the harm to using propylene glycol?

The only reason to use propylene glycol is that it is non-toxic. It's also expensive the last time I looked. Use the Toyota coolant only - it's cheap, and is perfect for these engines. Maybe other products work as well - I don't know - but I do know Toyota coolant is best.

The coolant in my car is a pinkish color and has no odor of ethylene however it does have an ethylene taste.

i still wanna know if you actually tasted this..........

Yes! ! I'm 70 years old and have been around cars all my life and am not an idiot. I put a little on a screw driver and put it on my tongue. No big deal. Look at you hand lotions, shampoo's and a variety of other items and you will see that they contain some amount off ethylene glycol and most recently many products have switched to propylene. Thanks ,but I am fine.

Yes! ! I'm 70 years old and have been around cars all my life and am not an idiot. I put a little on a screw driver and put it on my tongue. No big deal. Look at you hand lotions, shampoo's and a variety of other items and you will see that they contain some amount off ethylene glycol and most recently many products have switched to propylene. Thanks ,but I am fine.

sorry im OCD and i cant imagine putting a screwdriver (im sure it was clean) in my mouth! never said you weren't fine or that you were a idiot....was just asking trying to gauge what type of individual would KNOWINGLY swallow a product that can kill you if to much is ingested. YES, i understand you weren't drinking it BUT would you also taste rat poison....? im not prissy or anything, i dont mind getting dirty or anything but i try not to put unclean/harmful things in my mouth!