Which To Purchase? Opinions?

Hey Fellas. Im comin up on making a purchase on a 2nd gen GS. Here are the two I have narrowed it down to based on location, miles, and price.

I had this car set as my purchase vehicle as its miles are amazing. CarFax checks out and it is 10 min from my house (silver/black $15,000).

But I found this one also, about 4 hours away w. a clean carfax also.

Being in the business that I am i sorta got a thing for best deals. In terms of book value the 03 is the better buy, but then again it is 4 hours away, and I have yet to view it in person. Blah blah blah I could throw out a million reasons i like one or the other.....but hey why not let some people with a niche for GS's throw me some ideas....so what would you go w.? Thanks for the feedback. Not that it matters but Im 24, not looking to modify greatly, maybe navigation and some wheels after she is paid off.

Silver/black gets me ....but the other is a great deal & i think it would look alright w. some nice wheels & tints.

Thanks again

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?...leadExists=true

http://www.leopardiautosales.com/profile.a...=&distance=

The interior color would seem to be the deciding factor in these two closely matched cars. If you like black (I think it's more elegant) than silver's your choice. If you like the light interior (good for southern locales) than the black cherry. The 2003 is the better value though, and because they have essentially the same mileage, it's certainly a better value and theoretically would have less problems. ;)

The interior color would seem to be the deciding factor in these two closely matched cars. If you like black (I think it's more elegant) than silver's your choice. If you like the light interior (good for southern locales) than the black cherry. The 2003 is the better value though, and because they have essentially the same mileage, it's certainly a better value and theoretically would have less problems. ;)

IMHO go for the black interior. i would kill to change mine to black interior!

Made them an offer on the silver/black. We shall see. Yea Im w. you. black interior is f'ing sweet. I just want it done w. so I have a reason to be on the forum! haha time will tell....

Made them an offer on the silver/black. We shall see. Yea Im w. you. black interior is f'ing sweet. I just want it done w. so I have a reason to be on the forum! haha time will tell....

what did u offer them?

actually the black exterior with black/saddle interior is the best! like my buddies on club lexus....i really didnt like this interior at first but not im starting to love it....still would kill for the black on black or now the black in saddle

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-second-...ers-no-56k.html

It was listed for $15,900. I got them down to $13,500 but made an offer of $13,250 and left. I was hoping to get a call by now. May just have to cave and take it @ 13,500. I would hate to see it roll off the lot.

Anyone have any experience with the 05 model Acura RL's? I know its a whole other world but i figured maybe someone owns, owned, driven, def has an opinion on here.

Ill keep ya posted...i wish they would F'in call. I think 13,500 would still be a decent grab for an 01 gs300 w. 37000 Miles. Clean title. IMHO

It was listed for $15,900. I got them down to $13,500 but made an offer of $13,250 and left. I was hoping to get a call by now. May just have to cave and take it @ 13,500. I would hate to see it roll off the lot.

Anyone have any experience with the 05 model Acura RL's? I know its a whole other world but i figured maybe someone owns, owned, driven, def has an opinion on here.

Ill keep ya posted...i wish they would F'in call. I think 13,500 would still be a decent grab for an 01 gs300 w. 37000 Miles. Clean title. IMHO

Black on saddle.....def stands out....you boys lex is sick....set up...sport design w. navi and the saddle...def not ur typical 300

Why don't you buy BenjaminT's black leather interior?

BenjaminT

Black on saddle.....def stands out....you boys lex is sick....set up...sport design w. navi and the saddle...def not ur typical 300

yeah so does light grey on saddle. like i said i really didnt like the saddle when i first saw it but now i love it...ohhh a black on black 430 or a black on black/saddle 430(2 bad they dont make this oem) would be to die for

Why don't you buy BenjaminT's black leather interior?

BenjaminT

cause those are JUST seat covers with material to cover the doors, u know how funny that would look with black seats in a light leather car? was a post on craigslist and clublexus like this but cant find it

....i want ALL the interior, dash,carpet, armrest,etc etc

Well? Well? Did you pull the trigger or wuss out? I'm in sales and see so much buyer's remorse over not pulling the trigger...and over what ...2% of total sales price :o

I also work in sales. I know if he wants the sale bad enough. He will work with me. Plus the 03 is a better deal so I have arrangements to go test that car in another week as it will be a little trip for me.

Ill def. keep ya posted.

Being that I am on the road a lot, and moving back to Connecticut w/in 10 months I found another car I am considering. Its not a lexus though so I dare not try to get opinions on it here. I really do not like the exterior styling, but in terms of being practical it makes a lot more sense.

Standard w. navi and all wheel drive, bose. Cant make sales if I cant get out and meet people.

So now its between and 03 Gs300 w. 42000 miles, askin $13,000 or this

2005 Acura RL 64,000 Miles. asking just under $15,000.

http://www.college-car.com/temps/details.c...archvkid=387447

Dont crack into me too much. I would love to cruise a lex all day, but there is that practicality thing I got eating @ me

i prefer the one at cars.com. the mileage is low and for the price is pretty cheap. i got mines for 10400 out the door on a 2001 lexus gs300 with 126000 miles.

:rolleyes: i got my 2001 gs430 1.5 years ago WITH 72,000 for ONLY $14,000. so you just have to look around and find a hell of a deal....deals out there now....even better since no1 seems to want the v8 since gas is crazy but i still prefer it!

i prefer the one at cars.com. the mileage is low and for the price is pretty cheap. i got mines for 10400 out the door on a 2001 lexus gs300 with 126000 miles.

:rolleyes: i got my 2001 gs430 1.5 years ago WITH 72,000 for ONLY $14,000. so you just have to look around and find a hell of a deal....deals out there now....even better since no1 seems to want the v8 since gas is crazy but i still prefer it!

Still Searching. Ill keep ya posted

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.leopardiautosales.com/profile.a...=&distance=

OR

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?...leadExists=true

Hey Fellas,

Had to bring this up again with some real Lex owners. Ive debated w. gear heads, but no one who actually knows lexus as a brand or the GS as a car (myself included).

I have never owned a GS, and the days are counting till I make a move ( awaiting re-instatement of my DL from Connecticut).

In terms of book value / price they are almost the same in savings. The one in the first link w. 36,850 miles I have negotiated to $13500, books in the 17's w. mileage adjustment.

The second car w. 58,000 miles I have not seen in person but looks great. Books for 15,900. I have spoken w. dealer and they are not very flexible w. price..but who knows cash talks.

any comments? the only reason I lean towards the lower miles is that I will be on the road for my job a lot and i feel that looking at 58K miles will soon turn into 90 & 100 K quick. I think that the lower miles justify an extra 2 grand, but something about the pin stripe I do not like.

The higher mileage car looks nicer in my opinion but again I have not seen that one in person.

With all the variables in play it would actually be easier to have someone view and purchase the higher mileage car....just a lil fact.

Anyway Im interested to hear some educated choices. maybe i should just wait to see which one sells first. haha

thanks people!

The mileage is a wash. Maybe on a GM that difference is worth 2k, but not a Lexus. Drive them both, buy the one you like dynamically and from a looks point of view. They are great cars - hugely competent, and most people have no idea how good they are. Either one should be a great machine.

The mileage is a wash. Maybe on a GM that difference is worth 2k, but not a Lexus. Drive them both, buy the one you like dynamically and from a looks point of view. They are great cars - hugely competent, and most people have no idea how good they are. Either one should be a great machine.

Thanks SRK. What sucks is that I can not test drive these cars until I get my DL back, so every time i look at a car i have to have a friend or relative drive it.

enjoy...

• 9 months later...