Backup Camera Troubleshooting

Spirit of 1776

I recently purchased a preowned 2004 Lexus GX with 32k miles. All service records, no "clunk" or other issues that have been discussed. Extremely smooth transmission and ride.

Overall I am very pleased with the car, but there is one thing that is not working properly: The Backup Camera. When I put the car in reverse, all that is shown on screen is just grey static.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Everything else (Navigation, Audio, etc) works perfectly. Could it be a fuse or faulty wiring? And what is cost of repair? I've cleaned the camera lens but still shows just static.

Any help would be greatly apprecicated. :)

Thank you all so much for your help and insights.

One more question though; since my basic warranty (5 yr / 50,000 miles) just ran out as my car was initially delivered in Dec of 2003; would this backup camera repair still be covered under some other type of warranty?

Also, aren't TSBs or TSIBs just service bulletins that the owner would usually pay for outside of warranty? They are not like recalls, right?

TIA :)

Thank you all so much for your help and insights.

One more question though; since my basic warranty (5 yr / 50,000 miles) just ran out as my car was initially delivered in Dec of 2003; would this backup camera repair still be covered under some other type of warranty?

Also, aren't TSBs or TSIBs just service bulletins that the owner would usually pay for outside of warranty? They are not like recalls, right?

TIA :)

TSIB is for warranty works for all dealership. no it's not a recall, it's a update camera.

• 9 months later...