Door Chuck Breaks Off

deadmilenko

:censored: So here is my problem today while out in town my wife gets out of the rear passenger side of our 2000 LX 470 and then there is a loud "POP"................... The check to the door has broke free from the door. It looks like someone just ripped the check right out of the door. There is two bolts & nuts that hold the check to inside of the door, behind the door panel, are still bolted to the eye laces that they are suppose to be bolted to. The problem is that eye laces are to longer attached to the door. They are attached to the check which is no longer attached to the door.

I need to get the door check out so it doesn't cause any more damage inside of the door. I have removed the two bolts under the door panel and the four plastic screw clips (two on the left and two on the right), and the screw behind the inside door handle. But the door seems like it is stuck on the top of the panel.

Do you need a machine to remove and reinstall the door panel? Does the window need to be down in order to remove the door panel?

I have a picture of how to remove the front door but couldn't find one of the rear doors.

I have pictures that I will post later, just wanted to get this posted ASAP.

• 1 year later...

Deadmilenko,

I just had this happen to my wife's 99' LX470. It started while we were in Florida for Spring Break back in March. It was just a small crack so I thought I would take care of it when we got back to St. Louis. The day we arrived home, this part failed completely on the driver's side passenger door. Now there's a big hole in the door. A closer look at the passenger's side back door and it is about to fail also. Is there an after market plate available? This will be a hard part to "weld up" and the interior door metal looks like it is Aluminum but maybe not. This is a bit of a design flaw in my opioion and the local Lexus dealer is just scratching his head. HELP! what do I do?