'95 Sc400 Fuel Injector Issues....

xsaint53

Hope you all had a Merry Xmas...... Here's my question..I've been noticing an increasing smell of gas lately, that and it seems that my 1995 SC400 seems to be running kinda sluggish, especially from a stop.. I only use 91 Octane, and I've used Lucas and Chevron Injector cleaner..... Here's my question, IF I need to have a Lexus Dealer clean or replace the injectors how much am I looking at($$$)?? I've had the car since this past July, it has about 188K on it, and I think the injectors are the originals...Thanks...

...Also.. I have not changed the Fuel Filter.... So don't know if that could be the problem....In terms of a Lexus Dealer doing the repairs--there's one about 2 miles from where I live.. Am I talking $200-400 work, or is it more like $1000+?? (if it's the injector), also what would they charge me to change the fuel filter? --I'm not mechanical, so there's NO WAY I'm messing with it....Thanks again...

It is more like $1000 +, if you are thinking about replacing all the injectors. It is best to find out what is causing your gas smell first, then determine if that is related to you sluggish problem. As far as fuel filter replacement cause, I would guess around $150, but can't say for sure.

N.C.O.

It is more like $1000 +, if you are thinking about replacing all the injectors. It is best to find out what is causing your gas smell first, then determine if that is related to you sluggish problem. As far as fuel filter replacement cause, I would guess around $150, but can't say for sure.

N.C.O.

Fuel filter cost about $15; can't remember, but somthing like that, It'll take you 20 minutes to change.

For the smell, check/replace your gas cap. As to the sluggish performance, give us some more info. Like how does the car idle? What's the power like? Is it smooth and even throught the rpm band? Any cel's? Any codes? Are you describing hesitation when accelerating? etc..

I just noticed you posted earlier for the same prob. This is getting old real quick for me. If you want help, stay with one thread for one problem. I'm going ot pass on this one and lett other members solve this for you. Not that I'm in a bad mood for the new year, just tired of chasing threadds, especially with a hngover. Maybe I'll take a nap.