98 Remote Key Issue

dancingblue

After own this car for 2years (still love it), one day both remote stop working for no reason. Car is 98 LS400.

Details:

1.Both remote can not lock/unlock/open trunk/panic; ie, I push those buttons, nothing happened

2. I changed two new batteries, still not working;

3. I pushed the switch under the steering wheel for wireless on/off, still not working;

4. both key can drive, open the glove box, open trunk;

5. If I try any key in the PASSENGER`s side door, ALARM will start; I can stop the alarm by using the key on the driver side door;

6. using the program manual here (http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=10603), I found that only two keys are registered (I have both keys, they are registed)

7. using the above manual, I reprogram both keys succesfully,(means, the door lock/unlock once when I push the any button at the end of the programming. according to the above manual, if programming failed the door will recyle twice instead of once)

8. However, the reprogramming did not fix any problem: key is fully functional but remote not working at all and use on passenger side will make ALARM.

Please help me! If you have any suggestions please email me lichunn@yahoo.com.

Sounds like you have already found your problem; your passenger side is causing your alarm to go off. Your remotes are working fine, it is your vehicle that is having problem. Fix whatever is causing the alarm to go off on the passenger side, you would probably fix the remote problem too.

N.C.O.

Sounds like you have already found your problem; your passenger side is causing your alarm to go off. Your remotes are working fine, it is your vehicle that is having problem. Fix whatever is causing the alarm to go off on the passenger side, you would probably fix the remote problem too.

N.C.O.

Thanks NCO. I am not sure I understand your point. The remote is still NOT functioning, although it is "recognized" in the programming, but I can not remotely lock or unlock the car.

When it was working some time ago, pressing the lock or unlock, the car will respond accordingly and the headlights flash. Now nothing is happening when I press any buttons.

Do you have any suggestion what is causing the alarm to go off if I try to open the passenger door with the key? Thanks a zillion for your input.