Aftermarket Wheels Photo Gallery!

saabkyle04

This is a collection of photos I came across on Cardomain.com of people who are putting 22" rims and lowering their ES's, I personally think it lowers the prestige of the car but who am I to judge, that's up to everyone else haha! Granted there are some that look alright but not all of them. I wanted to get everyone's opinions on these cars B) Enjoy!

post-68371-1230254460_thumb.jpg

post-68371-1230254472_thumb.jpg

post-68371-1230254485_thumb.jpg

post-68371-1230254495_thumb.jpg

post-68371-1230254504_thumb.jpg

post-68371-1230254514_thumb.jpg

post-68371-1230254523_thumb.jpg

post-68371-1230254535_thumb.jpg

post-68371-1230254543_thumb.jpg

post-68371-1230254554_thumb.jpg

post-68371-1230254565_thumb.jpg

post-68371-1230254583_thumb.jpg

post-68371-1230254598_thumb.jpg

post-68371-1230254616_thumb.jpg

post-68371-1230254638_thumb.jpg

Haha, I've actually never seen Dodgeball (I know, I'm behind the times haha) but I will thank you for the comment anyways :cheers: I can't believe I stumbled upon these pics. People are always asking for others' help on "hooking up" their ES, I mean come on, it's a beautiful car the way Lexus made it, it's like you are telling Lexus that "yeah, your design wasn't good enough, so I'm going to change it and make it better!" Oh BTW for anyone who didn't know, the ES w/ the Amber paint job has spinners lol!

To each its own...but IMO... these kind of 'BIG WHEELS" has a circus/clown like appearance....added to a really elegant car... what a pity...Frankly, I find it really ugly...and disgusting....I don't think these folk truly understand beauty and refinement...but that's my two cent...... B)

• 4 weeks later...
Truly disgusting. I realize that everyone in entitled to their own opinion, but there IS such a concept as TASTE. Which, as evidenced above, is sorely lacking in some people.

You said a mouthful right there! :D

It boggles my mind how someone could even THINK of doing something like that to their new car. The Lexus brand is all about class, style and refinement, not being "slammed" to the ground with huge, funny looking wheels on it!

Unfortunately, it seems that these days, that's the first thing a lot of ppl think of doing to their car the moment it's driven off the dealer's lot.

It makes me :cries: when I see a thread where someone has just bought their new Lexus and have proudly posted pics of it, and they get all these comments like " nice ride, now let the modding begin" or "looks okay except you need to drop that baby and get rid of those stock rims", etc., etc.

So it's a relief to know there are at least a few classy young guys like Kyle left in the world who recognize an elegant design when they see it, and don't immediately want to destroy it by SLAMMING IT! and throwing on bigass rims and spinners!!

I recently saw a video on Youtube made by some "auto-design" shop featuring what they had done to a brand new black LS460 to supposedly "upgrade" its look. It was lowered nearly to the ground, had ugly huge black rims and extremely low profile tires on it that looked like black rubber-bands, a cheesy looking body kit, and all the taillights were blacked out. It was just disgusting!!! :angry:

Lets leave that sort of B.S. for the Honda Civic crowd, shall we?!? :chairshot:

In my opinion, Lexus dealerships should make new owners sign a legal document stating that they can never resort to such acts of tastelessness, otherwise the dealership has the right to come and take their car away from them! :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...
Truly disgusting. I realize that everyone in entitled to their own opinion, but there IS such a concept as TASTE. Which, as evidenced above, is sorely lacking in some people.

You said a mouthful right there! :D

It boggles my mind how someone could even THINK of doing something like that to their new car. The Lexus brand is all about class, style and refinement, not being "slammed" to the ground with huge, funny looking wheels on it!

Unfortunately, it seems that these days, that's the first thing a lot of ppl think of doing to their car the moment it's driven off the dealer's lot.

It makes me :cries: when I see a thread where someone has just bought their new Lexus and have proudly posted pics of it, and they get all these comments like " nice ride, now let the modding begin" or "looks okay except you need to drop that baby and get rid of those stock rims", etc., etc.

So it's a relief to know there are at least a few classy young guys like Kyle left in the world who recognize an elegant design when they see it, and don't immediately want to destroy it by SLAMMING IT! and throwing on bigass rims and spinners!!

I recently saw a video on Youtube made by some "auto-design" shop featuring what they had done to a brand new black LS460 to supposedly "upgrade" its look. It was lowered nearly to the ground, had ugly huge black rims and extremely low profile tires on it that looked like black rubber-bands, a cheesy looking body kit, and all the taillights were blacked out. It was just disgusting!!! :angry:

Lets leave that sort of B.S. for the Honda Civic crowd, shall we?!? :chairshot:

In my opinion, Lexus dealerships should make new owners sign a legal document stating that they can never resort to such acts of tastelessness, otherwise the dealership has the right to come and take their car away from them! :cheers:

I think the ES is a nice car, but the wheels suck, that is why people are trying to add wheels to it. If it had the stance of a Mercedes or BMW it would be cool

I think most of those wheels are hideous... I also think the ES is hideous.. the 2gs is by far the sexiest Lexus around... especially mine. :P jk.

I've got more ebay bling that a little bit. :geek:

ok, enough of my BS... although i really do have a lot of ebay bling... honestly if someone wants to pimp out their car that's all good, I'm not going to have hate towards anyone that expresses their creativity this way... I mean sure I may point and laugh, but hey I'm not judging anyone.. :whistles:

VIP, DUB Style, Street Style, and other fanatics make fun of my GS all the time... but hey its alright... while they're polishing up their rims I'm waxing their GF's asparagus is a delicious food. :wacko:

I don't have to make sense.

This is a collection of photos I came across on Cardomain.com of people who are putting 22" rims and lowering their ES's, I personally think it lowers the prestige of the car but who am I to judge, that's up to everyone else haha! Granted there are some that look alright but not all of them. I wanted to get everyone's opinions on these cars B) Enjoy!

Why stop at 22's? :P Following the bigger is better concept, some of them should have the balls to put on some mudders and really convert their ES into a badass offroadster which is what some of these come close to looking like.

It's funny that this thread was started. I was about to start one and call it "An Issue of Taste."

Here is my dilemma, I saw this car at the light and took this pic:

delemna.jpg

Now this took alot of work, time and money. As a person who has put more than his fair share of time on the end of a wrench, I can appreiciate how much effort it takes to acheive this, and I can respect the workmanship. But come on, this looks like it belongs in a Circus! Is it just me? Here in Florida I see these all the time. Theres a real sparkly Green and Yellow one that I've been trying to get a pic of as well around here, and the other day I saw a Maroon and Gold one. Man, I'm sorry, but I think their just FUGLY!

I don't care about the wheels, but would love to know where to get side mirrors with turn signal repeaters in them like the black car in the top row right side. Also I am interested in chrome for the rocker panels like the same car has. Anyone know where to get these parts.

• 6 months later...

I see how most of those cars look like crap, but I think that the black ES on the top right looks ok. The factory rims are ok, but I'm sure there are a lot of other rims out there that look better.... However, I think that most of the owners that you showed have really bad taste.... ahahhahah

Does anyone have any pictures of the ES 350 that have been done nicely?

Those pictures just make me sick. Why in the world would someone go and spend $40k+ on a nice luxury car and do something like that. The whole point of a Lexus (especially the ES and LS) is to look classy, not like you just came straight out of the ghetto. IMO the stock parts look the best because they were designed that way and the engineers paired the parts to go well with the car and with those aftermarket rims the whole car looks out of place.

• 12 years later...

Beauty is skin deep. 
Ugly goes to the bone. 

I've never been a fan of most aftermarket modifications including wheels but if it floats somebody else's boat so be it.