5 Speed 1992 Sc 300 -- Pricing?

MuyBen

Fellow Lexus owners,

Any idea how to price a rare 5 speed 1992 Lexus SC 300? A comparable '93 Toyota Supra's private party price off Edmunds is $4,100 while the SC 300 is $2,000. I hear my vehicle is quite rare, and would hate to underprice it.

144,000 miles, Eibach spring set, upgraded to 1998 16" OEM rims, SC400 front & rear spoilers, and full premium sound/luxury package on this pearl white/beige interior rarity with all maintenance records in excellent condition. I've had this vehicle since 1995 when it had 18,000 miles, and its hardly driven for much of the time.

Much thanks in advance for your input!

Ben

Between 3 and 4 grand is what I would say.

If you find the right buyer who knows these cars then you will get closer to the 4 grand and maybe more. Someone who just sees it as a plain old car will not pay much over 2 grand with the economy the way it is.

I think you are better off keeping it if you can do that.

If you find the right buyer who knows these cars then you will get closer to the 4 grand and maybe more. Someone who just sees it as a plain old car will not pay much over 2 grand with the economy the way it is.

Hi TXSC3,

Thanks for your input. Is your price range your good guess or based upon what you've seen the car to actually sell for? Non-turbo 93-95 Supras are listed on AutoTrader.com and Cars.com for in excess of $10,000, despite what Edmunds may say.

Thanks!

Ben

I've found online value calculators to be very inaccurate. The car is worth what someone will pay for it.

The best thing you can do is look at asking (and selling) prices for similar cars in your area. If the car is in good mechanical and cosmetic condition, I think you would have no problem getting $6-7000 for it in the Kansas City area.

Where you live might be different. Just look around.

Thanks Thomas, Thanks UCF3,

I'm in the Los Angeles market, and I'd think there's likely more car folks here (more cars period) than most other areas. I'll likely post on AutoTrader under "Supra", and see if the Supra set will respond to aggressive pricing by me.

Cheers,

Ben

post-85323-1230242869_thumb.jpg

post-85323-1230242958_thumb.jpg

post-85323-1230243211_thumb.jpg

post-85323-1230243232_thumb.jpg

Hi TXSC3,

Thanks for your input. Is your price range your good guess or based upon what you've seen the car to actually sell for? Non-turbo 93-95 Supras are listed on AutoTrader.com and Cars.com for in excess of $10,000, despite what Edmunds may say.

Thanks!

Ben

I base my price on what I paid for my 98 SC300 with all options except the Nakamichi sound. This obviously an auto trans car and had 160K miles on it. All Lexus serviced and looks/runs great.....for 5 grand.

A comprable 1998 NA Supra would cost between 12-16 grand and it has way LESS bells and whistles on it.

I wouldn't price SCs based on Supra prices. It's just what someone will pay to own one.

Try posting a for sale AD in Lexus forums cause you will find a buyer who will pay more and really know what he is getting in a 5 speed.

• 3 weeks later...
I kind of know what your talking about, I purchased a rare 1992 es300 5-spd with 129K miles and in great condition for $3400, I did have to drive over 1000 miles to get it but it was worth it for a 5-spd. But it all depends on the right person, I'd shoot for 5K and then take offers, you probably wont get more than 4K but you never know.

Good Luck

Thanks for all the good advice and wishes! I posted on AutoTrader and Craigslist, and one the first week, I just received an offer for over $5,500...will keep you guys apprised if I close:)