Cd Changer

mitchbl

The 12 disc changer in my 93 sc 400 has major problems. I want to replace but everyone says that no one's after market changer will work. They all recommend changing the entire system. I hesitate to do that since I want to retain the original interior look. Any ideas out there?

You can use aftermarket amps and changers while retaining stock components. You just need to find a shop that will do it or figure it out yourself. Go to a good shop and tell them what you want. If they say impossible, then do not go there for work ever again or buy anything from them.

I just found a shop that will rebuild/repair the changer for about $225 or so. One year warranty.

BruceLee's suggestion of rebuilding the CD Changer is a good idea.

If you have the Pioneer System, you could try contacting:

United Radio in Syracuse, NY

United Radio

They are factory authorized Pioneer service providers. Of Course there are others out there. I don't know how much they will charge, but it may be around $225.

If you do, let me know. I need to rebuild my CD Changer as well.

3rd generation pioneer 6 disc changer found in 92 to 96 es 300 is far superior to the first genration panasonic 12 disc in the sc. you can buy one used for 225.00 that will work well for a long time.

Is this a plug and play option? How about mounting issues in the trunk??

I beleive all Lexus models are pre-wired for the changers in the trunk. It should be a matter of connecting it cable to the changer. But it's possible they're not the same connectors. You might be able to soder the wires to fit the 6disc.