Inside Windows Icing Over

deadmilenko

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else but the inside of my windows are icing/frosting over when I am driving. I use to have the same problem with the 2000 GS that I owned with moisture getting on the inside of the windows. They never frosted up but where always foggy.

First off I live in Nebraska where it has been anywhere from -30 to 20 over the last couple of weeks. When I am driving down the road all of the windows start to frost over. Even with the defroster on and the rear air on the side windows frost over like crazy.

Don't get me wrong me kids love it because they get to draw pictures in the ice with their finger nails. I can't stand it. The front windshield is fine, but the top half does get foggy. Half of the front side windows or good but from 5 o'clock to 11 o'clock they are foggy. But the rear passenger side windows and the third row windows get so frosted that I cant even see out of them.

It just seems that there is so much moisture in the air inside of the cab that once it sticks to the window it frosts over because the window is so cold do to the air temp outside.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Its a 2000 LX470

Make sure that your Heater is set to use Fresh Air...Not recirculated

I am pretty sure that it is but that is a good call and I will make sure that it is. What about the a/c being on? Do you think that could have an effect on it? I always but the a/c on when the windows are foggy and it helps defog them faster.

• 3 weeks later...