Xenon Bulbs Vs. Led Bulbs

deadmilenko

So I found these headlights bulbs on ebay and thought that it would get rid of the low yellowish look of the day time running lights look on my Lx470. Has anyone ever used these or know anything about them. I email the seller and havent really got a straight answer in regards to my question. Currently I have Hella 9006's in the lowbeams and I dont know if these LED Bulbs are going to be as bright as the Hella's. I live out in the country and need bright headlights form the live stock and deer. Any feed back would be great.

Or if you use a different bulb that you like recommend it.

ACCstyle Blue LED 9006 bulbs

I'm interested to see how bright they are.

I think they'd be great for DRLs. but I haven't heard of anyone using them for regular running low beams.

Take pics when you install them ;)

If you decide to go the halogen route. Go with Silverstar ULTRAs

IF you are talking about DRLs, on the LX470 it will stay a low watt beam when you have ur DRL on unless you turn on your headlights..

If you want a cheap solution but something brighter than the stock halogen, i agree with jcrome.. Go buy Silverstar Ultras.. The Silverstar regulars are ok, but there is still a difference in the Ultras. I tried the regular Silverstar before I finally ended up getting the Ultras. =)

yea I had the Silver Star Ultras in my low, high and fog lights in my GS. The problem, they only lasted one year and the total cost to replace all of them when they went out.. ................ will you do the math $50 x 3 = $150. Great nights vision (there wasn't a night that 3-4 people wouldn't flash me thinking I had my high beams on) but the cost was to much. I could buy a good HID kit for $350.

I found that Hella Xenon bulbs are brighter then the Silver Stars Ultra's. They are both made by the same company Sylvania.

The DRL's are the same bulbs that are used as your high beams. DRL's run at half voltage.

If you replace your DRL/High bulbs with LED bulbs, during the day you won't even see them. Running at only 6V and being the same color as daylight, they will be hardly seen. At night LED's cannot emit enough light to suffice as High beams.

Already went through this process with my Rx300- decided to go with Toshiba HIR bulbs.

~$25 a pair.

I hate to say this.... but all you have to do is search.

Amazon....eBay motors...etc..

Look at that... $20

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/_Car-Truck-Par...Z1QQ_trksidZm39

How about $17?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=s...amp;x=0&y=0

Just do your homework before buying. ;)

Thanks now I am interested in HIR bulbs. Who out there is using HIR bulbs? Give me some feedback please. I dont really want to spend the money and time trimming the house of the bulb if I am not going to get a better looking and brighter bulb then the HELLA's I already have.

Hmm....

I'd be MORE interested if it were a higher color temp. Looks like a great bulb though.

Actually it's a 9006 so It'd replace my fogs. And I like my yellow fogs. So my interest is curbed until they develop more colors and applications.

I'm using toshiba HIR 9011 bulbs in my rx300 high beams. They emit more light after they've been on for a few minutes. They have a special coating on the glass that reflects heat back towards the filament, making it burn hotter and therefore brighter.

I think the chevy avalanche uses HIR bulbs as headlights standard.

No 'trimming' needed (don't really know what you're talking about here...) they are a direct replacement to 9005/9006 bulbs. I think 9011 is 9006 and 9012 is 9005?

The color is the same as regular halogen, just more lumens. Go on the candlepower website they're like $20 each i think. Well worth it however.