Need Advice On A Good All Season Tire To Replace Protenza

jaytone1

I am about to buy a GS300 and it has Bridgestone Protenza RE92. I test drove the car with some snow the other day and the tires spun and traction was terrible. Tirerack rates them terrible, especially in snow and rain.

I want to replace the with a better all season tire and need recommendations.

I know that dedicated snow would be better, but I cant see paying $140.00 twice a year to have snows mounted/dismounted.

Any advice on a good all season tire that is decent in snow ?

Thanks

I am about to buy a GS300 and it has Bridgestone Protenza RE92. I test drove the car with some snow the other day and the tires spun and traction was terrible. Tirerack rates them terrible, especially in snow and rain.

I know that dedicated snow would be better, but I cant see paying $140.00 twice a year to have snows mounted/dismounted.

Thanks

The RE92 is the worst tire ever made. Very quiet tire but only good for dry pavement. In rain and snow......they are are worst. In my opinion, they should be discontinued.

I think you will find the Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S a great compromise between performance and price for an all season radial that is decent in light to moderate snow, outstanding in rain and on dry pavement and is very quiet.

steviej

Thanks

If you plan to keep the GS300 for at least 3 or 4 years, then buy snow tires on separate wheels/rims. I have Toyo tires Versado LX for Summer and Observe G-02 Plus for Winter, both sets are mounted on alloy rims. It is best to be safe with the right tires for the season. The advantages of snow tires are huge and safety is the most important thing as far as I am concerned. Best of luck,