Wrong Color For Car Matts?

I have recieved my new RX350(2009) today...I have two questions. The rugs/floor matts in the front & back are dark charcol color. The color of the car is white with Beige interior. I called the dealer to tell them they did not match the interior & he told me that these are the only floor matts (the dark ones)....He said people complained & now all the rugs/floor matts are dark...Does this make any sense?.....Also when did Lexus start with the Silver on the outside door handles. I had a 2006 & they were the color of the car...

Thanks

I have recieved my new RX350(2009) today...I have two questions. The rugs/floor matts in the front & back are dark charcol color. The color of the car is white with Beige interior. I called the dealer to tell them they did not match the interior & he told me that these are the only floor matts (the dark ones)....He said people complained & now all the rugs/floor matts are dark...Does this make any sense?.....Also when did Lexus start with the Silver on the outside door handles. I had a 2006 & they were the color of the car...

Thanks

Never heard of the 'dark color floor mats only' issue, sounds pretty fishy to me.. The chrome/silver door handles were introduced with the 2008 model, along with a re-design of the front grill.. I have an 08 RX, and I kinda like the chrome door handles..

Thanks

That smells kinda fishy to me...surely you should be able to find color coordinated mats from a previous year if they no longer offer the right ones.

I know on the 2006 our grey mats match the grey carpet. hmmm. Sounds very odd.

My tan 2008 RX has chrome door handles and beige floor mats. The beige does get dirty and discolored at the slightest sign of anything foreign. My solution was Lexus rubber mats and a rubber tray for the cargo area.

I could see how people would complain about the light color in New York or anywhere there was snow, slush, or it rained often. Maybe your particular dealer was tired of the whining and fitted the RX with the dark color mats. There must be other 2009 owners on this site that will chime in on the issue.

tfalsetta, My white 2000 LS400 has an Ivory interior (your's is ivory and not "beige", right?) and it came with black floor mats. Apparently putting dark floor mats in Lexus cars with light interiors is nothing new.

If fact, the black mats were so popular that Lexus is permanently sold out of replacement black mats for my car and all that is left in stock are the lighter colors - ivory and blue/gray. My wife's Toyota has neutral gray mats and they look dirty all the time and have a couple of stains that won't come out.

The dark mats in my car look pretty nice even when they are dirty. Get ivory mats if you want but I think you will find that the dark mats have advantages.

Same here but I had it corrected. I have a 2009, Breakwater Blue with Ivory interior. They gave me gray floor mats which did not look right to me. The salesman quite frankly did not what color the mats should be and said that the gray was meant to match the gray on the dashboard. Didn't sound right to me so I checked Lexus accessories online and found that they sell Ivory mats to match my Ivory interior. I showed this to the Sales Manager and he quickly ordered a replacement set of Ivory mats for me which were swapped out for the gray.

Good luck.

My tan 2008 RX has chrome door handles and beige floor mats. The beige does get dirty and discolored at the slightest sign of anything foreign. My solution was Lexus rubber mats and a rubber tray for the cargo area.

I could see how people would complain about the light color in New York or anywhere there was snow, slush, or it rained often. Maybe your particular dealer was tired of the whining and fitted the RX with the dark color mats. There must be other 2009 owners on this site that will chime in on the issue.

We have the same snow problem here in Utah. We have slush mats for the winter and carpet mats for summer, and I change them ritually in the Lexus and Jeep as the seasons change.

We have the same snow problem here in Utah. We have slush mats for the winter and carpet mats for summer, and I change them ritually in the Lexus and Jeep as the seasons change.

When we bought our Pebble Beach Edition 10 days ago - Turffle Mica, beige interior - we got TWO sets of beige floor mats. Now I have to figure out where to store the second set.