Beeping When Ignition Is Turned Off

Velcrometer

I suddenly have an aggressive sounding alarm beeping every time I turn the ignition OFF (1990 LS400). This is NOT the same beep sound as when a door is ajar, or the trunk is open, etc... It's more like an alarm clock, three or four loud beeps together repeated a few times, then it stops. No lights are on the dash panel or anywhere else indicating what it is. Clearly it's alerting me to something, but what?

Maybe it's the sound one hears right before the bomb goes off :P

Yes, sounds like the sunroof 'open/ajar' alarm.

Yup. It goes off if the sunroof is tilted back. Not if it is pulled back straight into the roof. My opinion is that if it is tilted back someone could just rip it off the roof and get in the car easily and warning you that it could be stolen easier? Who knows.

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Invisible from the outside, so I didn't bother to check it. It wasn't open at all, no leaks even in the last couple days of heavy rain here.

But, I remember reaching up to turn on one of the interior lights & I must have just barely touched the tilt button for a nano-second. Just enough for the computer to trigger the alarm.

Thanks so much for your expertise guys! :D

• 3 years later...