Advice On High Mileage Lx

ED.

Saw a 1999 LX470 for sale locally. Only pictures right now and have not contacted the seller but the car does have 195,500 miles. He is asking $6500 OBO.

Is it something to look into or should I stay away? He's had it since 100k and recently had some suspension stuff done to it as well as a new windshield within the past year. Local Lex dealer has most of the service records as well.

I was going to email him on taking a look at it sometime this week. Gas on it probably stinks but I drive slow anyway. I was looking at an SUV for either myself this winter or for my father.

Thanks

That's waaaaaaaaaaaay cheap. Unless there is something majorly wrong with it, that's steal!! Even in POOR CONDITION Kelly Blue Book lists the 99 LX private party value for about 8k. And the suspension parts on the LX are the most expensive to fix....so if he's gotten some work done on those parts already you are probably good to go! If you don't buy it I will!!

ED. I would jump on it. NicLX470 is right its a steal. I would go to the dealer and have then pull a service history on it. That should tell you what and when everything was done to it. Check for a service history. I bought my LX used from a dealer and it was a one time owner with a perfect service history. That pays off in the long run. As far as gas mileage it isnt going to matter how many mileage its got on it bro its going to get around 15 city/highway.

If you dont decided to get it let me know because I would be interested in looking at it.

Good Luck!!!!