Aftermarket Navigation

Hello All,

I want to add a double din in dash navigation unit to my 99 GS300 which has the stock Pioneer radio and CD changer. Is Pioneer the way to go and if so, which one will work best on my vehicle ? I want to be able to plug my I-phone into into it as well as having blue tooth capabilities. I have a few models in mind but would love any feedback before making a $1000 plus decision.

Thanks,

Al

Its a tough choice... I went with the Kenwood DNX7100 which I've been more than satisfied with... there are newer models of it out now also. I got mine about 2 years ago for $900 new. There are others out there as well that seem like pretty good deals like the eclipse avn52d... i haven't done any research on it but its cheap...

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16102_...2B+iPC-106.html

I highly recommend the Pioneer Avic-D3 I have it in my ES300 and its great does everything but do the laundry. Just look it up and you'll see, it will work with your I-Phone I use mine with it :)

i had the pioneer avic-d3....it was ok. but i came from eclipse before that and i prefer the eclipse models! pioneer is a good model for a decent price

I highly recommend the Pioneer Avic-D3 I have it in my ES300 and its great does everything but do the laundry. Just look it up and you'll see, it will work with your I-Phone I use mine with it :)

i had the pioneer avic-d3....it was ok. but i came from eclipse before that and i prefer the eclipse models! pioneer is a good model for a decent price

Does the Eclipse have the maps stored or does it use a DVD?

I bought an AVIC, but returned it when I found it used ancient DVD technology. I couldn't believe that! My Garmin Nuvi 350 has stored maps of the entire US and is the size of a deck of cards. Of course that is a two edged sword as the display is just as small.

Does the Eclipse have the maps stored or does it use a DVD?

as far as i recall, yes it does but its been 3-4 years since i have purchased a head unit (used the avid-d3 i had for ever and now my gs430 has factory nav)