Rx350 Window Rattle

Hi - I wanted to ask if any of the forum owners have experience with a presistent drivers side

window rattle?

Seems to happen when cold (life in the North East), and have been back to the dealer multiple times

with no success. Of course when there they cannot "hear" the problem. They have applied a 'window kit'

without any resolution. The latest from the dealer is they do not know what is wrong...

I have seen a lot of good advice about other similar noises on this board and wanted to check

any other experiences as I continue to push my dealer for a fix.

Overall a great car but this noise drives me nuts!

Hi - I wanted to ask if any of the forum owners have experience with a presistent drivers side

window rattle?

Seems to happen when cold (life in the North East), and have been back to the dealer multiple times

with no success. Of course when there they cannot "hear" the problem. They have applied a 'window kit'

without any resolution. The latest from the dealer is they do not know what is wrong...

I have seen a lot of good advice about other similar noises on this board and wanted to check

I had front passanger door glass rattle on my RX350 08 after 15k (when glass little bit down).

The main cause is: after while robber insulation in door getting more stiff and does not absorb

vibration. Therefore the dealer replace regulator and insulations of mounting points.

Now no rattles so far. (It's covered by warranty).

Regards, Oleg

Thanks! I have the car in shortly for service to try to fix this - will let them know about the suggestion.

window rattle?

I had front passanger door glass rattle on my RX350 08 after 15k (when glass little bit down).

The main cause is: after while robber insulation in door getting more stiff and does not absorb

vibration. Therefore the dealer replace regulator and insulations of mounting points.

Now no rattles so far. (It's covered by warranty).

Regards, Oleg

After only 1000 miles on my 2009 RX350, I also began noticing a rattle or squeak in the driver's window. The dealer attempted to fix it by "readjusting" the door closure, but this only created another problem. After the adjustment they made, I had to almost slam the door to make it shut totally.......and the window still squeaked. I took the car back to the dealer, and they told me that this problem had been occuring on severalRX350's lately. They decided to try replacing the weatherstripping kit around the window, and that has solved the problem! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks to all for the advice!

Hello...

I too have the same window noise issue and it's driving me nearly insane!! I've been to the dealer 4-5 times now and I thought it was fixed by installing new weatherstripping on the doors and windows that had been ordered as new parts, etc., all fresh. Upon redriving it was fine - they washed the car and the noise was back but seemed much better after car dried. This was on Wednesday and it's now Sunday.

BUT, on the way home from a road trip, the noise is still there and although it's a bit better - it's not silent like it was for the 5 minute test drive after the new weatherstripping. UGH.

I am not sure what to do - this is a lease that I've had since mid-November and it's getting ridiculous. Fwiw, I do notice that when I push on the window, it seems to stop the luffing/rattling noise. For me, it sounds like plastic being scrunched very quietly - or - if you push on the window with the door closed, it replicates the noise in my vehicle. (In case you need to demonstrate the noise for the tech).

Please update with what you've all done and if it's stayed fine for a while.

Thanks for any feedback!

Cate / Marinite

• 2 months later...

Hello...

I too have the same window noise issue and it's driving me nearly insane!! I've been to the dealer 4-5 times now and I thought it was fixed by installing new weatherstripping on the doors and windows that had been ordered as new parts, etc., all fresh. Upon redriving it was fine - they washed the car and the noise was back but seemed much better after car dried. This was on Wednesday and it's now Sunday.

BUT, on the way home from a road trip, the noise is still there and although it's a bit better - it's not silent like it was for the 5 minute test drive after the new weatherstripping. UGH.

I am not sure what to do - this is a lease that I've had since mid-November and it's getting ridiculous. Fwiw, I do notice that when I push on the window, it seems to stop the luffing/rattling noise. For me, it sounds like plastic being scrunched very quietly - or - if you push on the window with the door closed, it replicates the noise in my vehicle. (In case you need to demonstrate the noise for the tech).

Thanks for any feedback!

Cate / Marinite

My 2009 Rx350 does the same thing. The noise is driving my crazy. I've been into the dealer three times. They have tried messing with the door adjustments, applying grease to the window, and adding foam padding over the side airbags. The squeaking seems to get worse when the weather is bad. If anyone else has a suggestion I'm all ears.

Wow, that's very interesting. I just bought my RX350. With less than 100 miles in I started hearing a rattle. I thought it was the seatbelt adjustment contraption. I brought it to the dealer immediately. They said it was the window making the noise. Sounds exactly like your guys' problem. Tomorrow I take it in to be fixed. I will be listening closely. Sounds like a defect in that batch of Lexus's.

Hello...

Thanks for any feedback!

Cate / Marinite

My 2009 Rx350 does the same thing. The noise is driving my crazy. I've been into the dealer three times. They have tried messing with the door adjustments, applying grease to the window, and adding foam padding over the side airbags. The squeaking seems to get worse when the weather is bad. If anyone else has a suggestion I'm all ears.

I brought it in. They gave me a loaner. They couldnt fix it the first day. Had to order parts from back east. Days later they said it was fixed. I picked it up. The same rattle was there. Tomorrow, I call them again to fix it. What do I have here-- a lemon?

Wow, that's very interesting. I just bought my RX350. With less than 100 miles in I started hearing a rattle. I thought it was the seatbelt adjustment contraption. I brought it to the dealer immediately. They said it was the window making the noise. Sounds exactly like your guys' problem. Tomorrow I take it in to be fixed. I will be listening closely. Sounds like a defect in that batch of Lexus's.

Hello...

Thanks for any feedback!

Cate / Marinite

I brought it back in again. They worked on it all day, gave me a loaner. They returned it in the afternoon. So far, no rattle. Holding my breath.

The mechanic said that the 2009 RX's have a lot of this-- but mine was the only one that wasnt fixed the first time.

I brought it in. They gave me a loaner. They couldnt fix it the first day. Had to order parts from back east. Days later they said it was fixed. I picked it up. The same rattle was there. Tomorrow, I call them again to fix it. What do I have here-- a lemon?

Hello...

Thanks for any feedback!

Cate / Marinite

I found a high-pitch rattling sound near the passenger door in just a few days after I took delivery of my new 2009 RX. The sound would come on when I would go over a speed bump or if when I would take off from a stop light. But it was kind of erratic and I never found how to reproduce it.

I took the car yesterday for the 1K service and the service foreman took for the test drive, and he could reproduce it by going over those metal squares that they put on highway dividers. Later he found out he could just put the car in park and accelerate it to 1800 rpm and the sound would come from the inside of the passenger door.

They took it in, found out a clip that holds some part inside the door was broken and they replaced it.

Here is the bummer. When I picked up the car, I found out they scratched the wooden trim on the passenger door. The service tech. is going to call me after he speaks to his manager to see how they can fix the scratches. He said they may have to replace the entire inside of the door since it is sold as as one assembly.

that sux.. Sorry for your headache.

I found a high-pitch rattling sound near the passenger door in just a few days after I took delivery of my new 2009 RX. The sound would come on when I would go over a speed bump or if when I would take off from a stop light. But it was kind of erratic and I never found how to reproduce it.

I took the car yesterday for the 1K service and the service foreman took for the test drive, and he could reproduce it by going over those metal squares that they put on highway dividers. Later he found out he could just put the car in park and accelerate it to 1800 rpm and the sound would come from the inside of the passenger door.

They took it in, found out a clip that holds some part inside the door was broken and they replaced it.

Here is the bummer. When I picked up the car, I found out they scratched the wooden trim on the passenger door. The service tech. is going to call me after he speaks to his manager to see how they can fix the scratches. He said they may have to replace the entire inside of the door since it is sold as as one assembly.