!?! Help !?! 2002 Es300 "vsc" Light On, Engi

gbliakhman

HELLO & Happy Holidays :cheers:

I need your help please, i was driving today on icy road for about 30 min when i noticed my car is slowing down i pushed gas it is not happening my car not piking up speed,i look at the dash board i have 3 lights on "trac off" "check engine" "Vsc" i pulled to the side re started the car and my car picks up the speed up to 60 miles only no matter how hard i push the gas.

please help me to understand what is happening and what should i do thanks to all...

I need your help please, i was driving today on icy road for about 30 min when i noticed my car is slowing down i pushed gas it is not happening my car not piking up speed,i look at the dash board i have 3 lights on "trac off" "check engine" "Vsc" i pulled to the side re started the car and my car picks up the speed up to 60 miles only no matter how hard i push the gas.

please help me to understand what is happening and what should i do thanks to all...

you need to read your owners manual. when these three lights are on, the car has gone into "safety mode" and engine performance will be governed.

We can't help you any further until you provide us with the trouble codes that are now set in the ECU. Take it to AutoZone as they will read the codes for free. Port the codes up here and we will be able to better assist you then. There are hundreds of codes and combinations of codes that will set off the warning lights you describe.

steviej

you need to read your owners manual. when these three lights are on, the car has gone into "safety mode" and engine performance will be governed.

We can't help you any further until you provide us with the trouble codes that are now set in the ECU. Take it to AutoZone as they will read the codes for free. Port the codes up here and we will be able to better assist you then. There are hundreds of codes and combinations of codes that will set off the warning lights you describe.

steviej

Same problem with my 2002 ES300. Three lights came on when it did not properly warm up.

Thanks,

Dana

I had the same problem and took the positive side off othe battery for about 10 minutes and so far all three lights are off!

Dana

You were lucky.

NEVER disconnect the positive side of your battery first. ALWAYS disconnect the negative terminal!!!

• 1 month later...

is your problem resolved? I just had this exact situation happen to me, would like to hear how you fixed it - I've got a 8 month pregnant wife I don't want to take chances. thanks.

Get the CEL scanned for free at autozone or some other retail autoparts store. Find what code you've got and we can take it from there.

I had it scanned finally, 3 errors all related to the EVAP system,

P0441- Emission control system purge flow fault,

P0446-vent circuit malfunction, and

P0455- system leak (large).

I didn't screw the gas cap back on quite tightly the last time, could it related to that or do these sound worse?

My wife used to get a couple of codes when she would not tighten the gas cap enough.

I believe one of them was the system leak but it was the small, not large.

It finally inspired me to buy a code reader so I could tell if the problem was worth being worried about, and of course, reset the codes. I got her to start counting 3 clicks on the cap after fillup and now she doesn't have the problem.