Clearing Rear Lights

DarrenA

Hi, and happy new year to you all!

Can anyone tell me whether a set of rear lights for a '96 Soarer/SC400 would fit a '91 Soarer/SC400. I would like to have them converted to red/clear, as i understand its not possible with the lights from a '91 model.Any ideas?

many thanks,

Darren

Hi, and happy new year to you all!

Can anyone tell me whether a set of rear lights for a '96 Soarer/SC400 would fit a '91 Soarer/SC400. I would like to have them converted to red/clear, as i understand its not possible with the lights from a '91 model.Any ideas?

many thanks,

Darren

I believe you should be able to remove the amber and Red len from the 91s. Someone correct me, if I'm wrong.

Darren:

You could try heating the housings in the oven, and checking it out.

SC lense look

If I am remembering correctly, you can't clear "91 taillights, The actual light is painted, there are no colored lenses.

I'm going to have to agree with AWJ on the SC300 with the Supra lights, it looks terrible- they make the back end look big and ugly.

I think all of us agree, the Supra Tails are ugly on the SCs, not to mention you'd have to fill-in the corners with something.

I wonder why the 91 SCs have painted tails. <_<

I've seen a few Supra tail conversions that didn't look TOO bad, the problem is for a few years there, EVERYONE had to have Supra tails, it went from BMW, to Supra, to S2000, then to R33-34 tails. The stock tails on the SC are perfect IMO, and I wouldn't even think twice about swapping them.

only car that the Supra tails look good on are Supras!! :chairshot:

i like the clear corners' SC style tail light. and i kinda like this one "smoked" look on SC tails. i dont know where but i've seen it somewhere around the internet.

Try Clear Corners.

I'm impressed with the LEDs Tails, and probably will attempt to create a set in the future.