O2 Sensor

moune

I just tried to get my car inspected and got rejected because the O2 sensor was bad. The report said it was, "Bank 1 - Sensor 2". So is this the sensor in the front or back? Autozone sells the short and long one, which one is it? And how hard is it to replace it.

I just tried to get my car inspected and got rejected because the O2 sensor was bad. The report said it was, "Bank 1 - Sensor 2". So is this the sensor in the front or back? Autozone sells the short and long one, which one is it? And how hard is it to replace it.

I have one of these if you want to purchase. I bought the one for the Bank 1 sensor 2 while I needed the Bank 2 sensor 2. My experience with the replacement of this part was that it was a lot more difficult than I expected due to the fact that it is an exhaust part and mine was pretty much seized into the tailpipe. It got to the point that I had to tap the threads to get the new one to seat properly.

I am at work until December 29th, (ching, ching, ching - now that is my kind of christmas music) but if you can wait until then for the exact info on the part I have you are welcome to it. I figure on half the best price from your local supplier.

Cheers, Bruce

I wouldn't bother with the Autozone sensors. I have found that you really need the Denso 02 sensors. Bosch and all those don't seem to work very well in these cars.

• 3 weeks later...

I have one of these if you want to purchase. I bought the one for the Bank 1 sensor 2 while I needed the Bank 2 sensor 2. My experience with the replacement of this part was that it was a lot more difficult than I expected due to the fact that it is an exhaust part and mine was pretty much seized into the tailpipe. It got to the point that I had to tap the threads to get the new one to seat properly.

I am at work until December 29th, (ching, ching, ching - now that is my kind of christmas music) but if you can wait until then for the exact info on the part I have you are welcome to it. I figure on half the best price from your local supplier.

Cheers, Bruce

I just found out I have an 02 - bank 2, sensor 2 fault code. Can you inform me of where on the exhaust this sensor is located ?

Thank You,

Mike B.