Can One Install A Built-in Navigation In A 1999 Model?

snowbunny

Hi, I am looking to install a Navigation in my Lx470. I am not sure if it is capable? At the moment it does not have a navigation system just the stock radio. Is it possible to buy a navigation kit and have it build in or is it impossible?

Thanks, any help will be appreciated. :)

Hi, I am looking to install a Navigation in my Lx470. I am not sure if it is capable? At the moment it does not have a navigation system just the stock radio. Is it possible to buy a navigation kit and have it build in or is it impossible?

Thanks, any help will be appreciated. :)

Do you want OEM factory nav ?

I have a 98 LX470 and had an aftermarket Pioneer navigation installed at a local audio shop. It can be done but.....they do not make a kit for navs for the LX so you or the audio shop will have to make one for you. It is complicated because the top corners of the radio housing are curved. They quoted me 100 dollars to install before realizing what they were getting into.....it took them 2 days but they finally got it! But I still got it for 130!! When my partner gets home I will snap some pics of it so you can see the final results.

[i added the pioneer avic 700 to my lx470. About $700 installed. The pioneer is fine, but there are others for more money.

update 3/5/09 The 700 works, but I would not recommend it....there are better units out there.....to many issues to list here....stay away from Pioneer.