2003 Sticky Navigation Buttons

gwolf

Hi all. Brand new to the forum. Just picked up a 2003 IS300, fully loaded. The navigation system buttons stick when depressed. Seems like a prior owner may have spilled a soda or something on the control panel. Is there a safe easy method to clean the buttons?

Also....The joy stick button is missing as well as both owners and navigation manuals are gone. Where can I get inexpensive replacements?

By the way.....Love the car.

Thanks,

Gary

Welcome to the LOC.

I would use some electronics cleaner and a vacuume to try and clean the buttons off. Just make sure you disconnect the battery on the car first, then spray some in between the buttons and give it a little time to soak. Then push the buttons and move around the cleaner and vacuume as much of it out as you can. Then make sure you give it enouph time to completely dry before you send voltage thru there again. I would wait atleast an hour or so.

As for the missing parts, try dcfish. (he's a member here who is authorized to sell OEM nav and stereo systems here. He may have some laying around, or know where to get them from.

Hi all. Brand new to the forum. Just picked up a 2003 IS300, fully loaded. The navigation system buttons stick when depressed. Seems like a prior owner may have spilled a soda or something on the control panel. Is there a safe easy method to clean the buttons?

Also....The joy stick button is missing as well as both owners and navigation manuals are gone. Where can I get inexpensive replacements?

By the way.....Love the car.

Thanks,

Gary

Welcome to the club :cheers: The IS is a great car as Smooth1 will attest ;) I will look to see if I have the aformentioned part/manuals you seek.

Happy Holidays :cheers: