Deleted Post - Wtf ..?

Just out of curiosity ........ I posted a question on (12/30/03 - last night) about my stock sound system in a 98 LS and it appears to have been deleted?

1) It would be nice if someone is going to delete a post to send a PM and inform the poster.

2) The only thing I can figure is that questions about stock systems are not tolerated and looked upon as undeserving of a simple courteous response?

3) My guess is that the folks that visit this forum (Audio / Video / Electronics Forums) would probably be able to very easily point someone on the right direction ...... even if it is pertaining to a lowly stock system? The only pinned post refers many times to Courtesy ....... go figure?

Thanks .....

Just out of curiosity ........ I posted a question on (12/30/03 - last night) about my stock sound system in a 98 LS and it appears to have been deleted?

no sorry- you posted the same question twice - once in Audio / Video and once in the LS forum.

we do not need two threads discussing the same issue in two different places, so one was removed.

1) It would be nice if someone is going to delete a post to send a PM and inform the poster.

Your thread has not been deleted - it can be seen here

2) The only thing I can figure is that questions about stock systems are not tolerated and looked upon as undeserving of a simple courteous response?

why on earth would you think that?

the folks on all these forums are a really good bunch, and try and help everyone they can.

3) My guess is that the folks that visit this forum (Audio / Video / Electronics Forums) would probably be able to very easily point someone on the right direction ...... even if it is pertaining to a lowly stock system?

if that is the case - why did you post in the LS forum?

Would you like me to move your thread from LS forum into here?

The only pinned post refers many times to Courtesy ....... go figure?

It does - and that courtesy goes both ways - including to the moderators of the club who donate their free time to provide this service for you.

A simple search would have revealed your topic was still on the boards.

And the simple courtesy of only posting your question once would have made the issue of removing a duplicate moot.

Matthew ......... thank you for your quick response .......

If I may share a few thoughts .......

I posted it on both the "LS forum" and the "Audio / Video / Electronics Forums" for a very specific reason.

The people who might have an answer to my question about a stock radio problem would fall into two main and very specific categories:

1) owners of that specific car and sound system

and

2) electronics / tech types / electrical wizards who frequently share ideas on the "Audio / Video / Electronics Forums".

I thought the correct lead would most likely come from the "Audio / Video / Electronics Forums" and not the owners forum, but I posted it there as well because it is quite possible that it was specific to a model and year and it would receive a response there.

The folks who know and understand "The Fix", however, are very likely to visit the "Audio / Video / Electronics Forums" but are perhaps less than likely to drive the LS.

If any body read this far and can help, here is the link, I would appreciate it ...... thanks!

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...=ST&f=4&t=5351&

Matthew ..... I do appreciate your efforts as do all who visit and contribute to the forums as I do. It is not a leap, however, to think that someone who reads and posts to the "Audio / Video / Electronics Forums" would be able to offer quick and valuable assistance ......... I thought that is why we are here? In the end .... it will be somebody saying “replace component X, Y, and Z," .... which is this forum.

Notice, the post in the LS forum has received many views but few responses which is not terribly surprising since it is perhaps really an electronics question when it comes down to it, but to ignore one of the two groups of people who might know ...... makes little sense.

In any case, an updated "Pinned" post or FAQ clarifying your position on “targeted posting” which you broadly refer to as “double posting” might help in the future?

Thanks for your help. :cheers: