Battery Replacement Security Code?

Androu

I am going to be changing my battery very soon, and my friend told me to be careful because once i change my battery, my cd player and radio would not work anymore untill i punch in a special security code in the deck. Anyone know anything about this?

I am going to be changing my battery very soon, and my friend told me to be careful because once i change my battery, my cd player and radio would not work anymore untill i punch in a special security code in the deck. Anyone know anything about this?

wow...I had a BMW M3 that required a code if the battery was removed. There was a credit card in the owners manual that had this code on it.

I have never heard anything about this in a Lexus, but I am interested in knowing if it is true and where the code might be.

~Brian

Yes it is anty theft feature. I had a same situation when I replaced the battery in my Honda Odysey. The code had come on a card along with the vehicle.

I replaced my battery a year ago and don't think I had to recode anything. I also had a Honda and yes I did have to recode for battery change. I really don't remember doing with the RX300.

Does not apply to RX.

Does not apply to RX.

I changed my battery, drove to MI from FL. Then the new battery 'died' after two weeks in the cold (unused car - I was back in Miami), and a friend took the old battery to a dealer and bought a new one and installed it (a couple of hours during which the car was 'basttery-less' - and all works fine ==> no security code needed, but you must 'reset' clock, seat, etc.... Worry not.

Does not apply to RX.

I changed my battery, drove to MI from FL. Then the new battery 'died' after two weeks in the cold (unused car - I was back in Miami), and a friend took the old battery to a dealer and bought a new one and installed it (a couple of hours during which the car was 'basttery-less' - and all works fine ==> no security code needed, but you must 'reset' clock, seat, etc.... Worry not.

thanks for the responses everyone, i spoke to a service rep at a lexus dealer near me and he told me that the security codes were not on any of their cars after 1998!

Does not apply to RX.

thanks for the responses everyone, i spoke to a service rep at a lexus dealer near me and he told me that the security codes were not on any of their cars after 1998!

And if you want to avoid the hassle of resetting radio, roof, seat, etc.., have it changed out at any battery place where they'll put a little 12V on to keep those functions alive during transfer.