Compatibility Of Phone To Es350 Nav System

cjc

Time has come to upgrade the old cellphone. We're wanting to buy a relatively new phone, the Samsung Eternity. According to Samsung website it has a hands free profile which is supposed to work with vehicles. However, this model is NOT listed on Lexus lets' talk website. Anyone have any info on this phone specifically or generally whether all should work that have this profile?

Much appreciate any help.

C

You should be fine, the handsfree should work without a problem. When I get phones, they have not made it on the list yet, but every phone I have tried has worked. What may not work is the transfer of phone numbers from your phone to your car's phonebook. My dealer, nonetheless, says they will get them in there somehow, never explaining how. My guess is they probably enter each name and phone number manually, not what I would elect to do. I just keep mine in the phone.

My Motorola Razr was on the Lexus list and works fine for making and receiving calls hands free. Caller ID does not work nor does the battery strength indicator through the car's hands free system. The cell signal strength does work.

Rogers is my carrier if that makes a difference. I tried several phones and none were fully functional. Even tried a Blackberry (everything but caller I.D. worked).

As long as the phone has blue tooth capability it will work fine. I have three phones programmed into my 07 ES. A blackberry, a Krazr, and a chocolate. No problems switching between them either.

hi poncherello; So you have caller I.D. working with Rogers on a Blackberry? I'm am pretty sure that just having blue tooth does not guarantee that all of the features will work. Even the Lexus phone list indicates as much.

hi poncherello; So you have caller I.D. working with Rogers on a Blackberry? I'm am pretty sure that just having blue tooth does not guarantee that all of the features will work. Even the Lexus phone list indicates as much.

The caller ID works with my blackberry and Verizon service.

Then the difference is in the carrier. Verizon works, but Rogers does not. Interesting.

Then the difference is in the carrier. Verizon works, but Rogers does not. Interesting.

Hmm, my Blackberry 8800 with Verizon doesn't show the number or the name. The bluetooth works great but it does not show the caller....wonder why. But really, I am just happy that the Bluetooth works!!

• 5 months later...
Hmm, my Blackberry 8800 with Verizon doesn't show the number or the name. The bluetooth works great but it does not show the caller....wonder why. But really, I am just happy that the Bluetooth works!!

I think it only works if the number if programmed in your Lexus phonebook. I'm trying to figure out how to load my entire phonebook into the Lexus. Not sure it is possible with my VZ env2.